• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    OBTW,

Night Vision concealment doesn't seem to be helped with the product, either.

Night Vision after.JPG

Last edited:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I use it on my new hunting clothes and it think it makes a differance on blaze items, i have compared it's use it under the UV light and I think it works.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Please feel free to replicate this experiment at home. Either because my photography skills suck, or I have had one too many beers. :toothless

We start out with a regular t-shirt in a Realtree AP pattern, that has been washed in regular laundry detergent containing UV brighteners
    View attachment 134355

Warning: Science Content is mixed with Sam Adams OktoberFest beer :beer:

First off the trail cam, or InfraRed (IR) pictures. We should not expect anything earth shattering since InfraRed is at the other of the light spectrum.

The before picture showed nothing but a huge flash blur
    View attachment 134351

The after picture shows the outline of the same t-shirt, without the starburst
    View attachment 134353

The unexpected result: You can actually detect the outline of the t-shirt. To confirm this result, the test would need to be repeated without beer. (editor's note: Screw that, there is no fun in that!)

On to the UV baseline:
    View attachment 134357

Notice the blurry pattern from the ISO400 speed?

Next we will examine the area applied with UV-Killer:
    View attachment 134359

You can actually see the outline of the camo without the glare, Or my hand was steadier because I drank more beer. :innocent0

The wild card is the SPF70 sun tan lotion, I chose it due to it being the cheapest spray-on lotion that was on sale (there was no science involved, only frugality).
    View attachment 134358

I was surprised with this result, you can also see the outline of the Realtree AP camo. However, the drawback is the scent. If you want to attract 2-legged does, this is the stuff; 4-legged does, not so much...

Good Luck, and good hunting! :thumbsup:

I am going to have another beer :)

Recommend applying more beer. I'm almost convinced.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Interesting.

I believe it's a little known fact outside the military community, but military battle uniforms are treated with a chemical that reduces their UV signature, making it slightly harder to see them with NVG's. This is why it was prohibited for Soldiers to use starch on their uniforms because it defeated this feature.

reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Dress_Uniform

You sure you're not thinking of IR?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I got busted by movement yesterday, but maybe my untreated jacket was moving, or the deer are from Bethesda, were originally eating at Frosh's corn pile and relocated to Cecil, and are very keen at spotting evil black rifles. I was 16-17 feet up a tree stand, and the keen doe was 35 or so yards away. Earlier there was some wind and it was blowing in my face, so I think she saw me rather than outright smelled me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom