• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    If you were thinking of getting this concealed carry permit, this is the class. Great team, Great Club House, plenty of parking, good food and nice people all round. Remember that when we get "Shall Issue" in Maryland, the chances that they will reciprocate with other states are very slim. This makes the Utah, VA or FL permits still something to have in your pocket. Plus we have an NRA membership rep there to either help you join or renew at a discounted rate. It just keeps getting better. Chris

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class

We’re accepting pre-registration for:
    Utah Concealed Firearm Permit (CFP) course hosted at:
    Baltimore County Game and Fish
    3400 North Wind Road Parkville, MD 21234
    scheduled for: Saturday September 1, 2012
    Administration Check-in: 8:00 – 8:30 AM
    Utah CFP Course commencing at 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM

If you wish to attend the Utah CFP Course, you may confirm your attendance by:

Calling to pre-register IOTA Firearms and Security Training Academy 410-462-4682 with a $90 per person course fee. Although pre-registration fees are non-refundable they are accepted as full credit towards future Utah CFP course. Acceptable forms of payment are either of the following Major Credit Cards: Visa, Master Card and Discover.

Personal checks or money orders made payable to The IOTA Group mailed to: The IOTA Group, PO Box 16334 Roland Park, MD 21210-9998.

These courses have been extremely popular and we encourage you to secure your seat by pre-registering at your earliest possible convenience.

In addition to the Utah course we’ll be notarizing the very popular Maryland State Police Regulated Collectors Firearms Application and Affidavit as a free service:

http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/Collec..._Affidavit.pdf

The following Utah Concealed Firearm Permit link will provide answers to any questions you may have: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html

Keep Your Powder Dry

Kenbr /> IOTA Firearms & Security Training Academy
    a division of IOTA Security & Investigative Agency, LTD
    O: 410-462-4682
    M: 410-365-9828
    F: 410-383-7467
    KBrown@theIOTAgroup.com

Last edited:

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Fingerprinting, photos, ect. on site?

I took the course there back in May and the IOTA crew did an excellent job! They take care of everthing you need (Photo's,fingerprints,etc.) and even mail in the application package for you. I received my permit 55 days after I took the course although they say it can take up to 60 days after they charge your credit card or cash your check.

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    I'm signed up for this course.

I was also wondering about the Florida non-resident permit. I took the NRA Basic Pistol, live fire course about a year ago. My question is... Does this qualify for the Florida non-resident requirement and does the certificate I received expire after a certain time where Florida will not accept it and I have to re-take the course?

Thanks

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I'm signed up for this course.

I was also wondering about the Florida non-resident permit. I took the NRA Basic Pistol, live fire course about a year ago. My question is... Does this qualify for the Florida non-resident requirement and does the certificate I received expire after a certain time where Florida will not accept it and I have to re-take the course?

Thanks

The basic pistol class fulfills the Florida requirement and it does not expire.

Is the IOTA group an IP?

No and they make good money off these courses at BCGF.

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    No and they make good money off these courses at BCGF.[/QUOTE]

I signed up for the course at AGC since that's were I shoot and local to me.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    NEWS FLASH- The Utah Class given at Balto Co. Game & Fish has now been discounted to $90 plus Utah State Fees. Hope to see you there, Chris.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Perhaps companies that want to advertise here should pay the IP fee, like the rest of us.....:innocent0

I have been listing these classes given at Balto Co Game & Fish for the club as they benefit the Club with a portion of fees that helping to defray the costs our programs. We at Baltimore County Game & Fish run Hunter's Safety classes at no charge and run several NRA courses at cost, one of our missions is to spread the word of safe and responsible hunting and firearms ownership and use. I have contactedDD214 (admin for IPs), but DD214 has been busy with other matters and I am sure will respond when time allows, for my own business. I will relay this thread to IOTA Group and discuss their thoughts on this matter. Chris

Perhaps companies that want to advertise here should pay the IP fee, like the rest of us.....:innocent0
    "Is the IOTA group an IP?"
    "No and they make good money off these courses at BCGF"

Proactive Shooters

It’s amazing that you’re so disturb with a program that promotes the right-to-carry in one of the most anti-CCW States in the Union. We at IOTA Firearms and Security Training Academy have never skirted our responsibility of promoting gun owner rights through our own initiatives, as well as supporting those organizations on the front lines of this effort, such as Baltimore County Game & Fish Protective Association and The Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore.

In our last two Non-Resident Utah Courses held at the aforementioned organizations, BCG&F member and NRA Recruiter, Mr. White, renewed memberships and recruited 100% of the attendees who were not NRA Members. In addition, he recruited one NRA Lifetime Member in each one of the courses, which is an extraordinary accomplishment.

I am not familiar with Pro-Shooters nor do I concern myself with what other local Utah Instructors promote, as long as it brings about pressure on Maryland’s legislative process. We at IOTA are not just NRA Training Counselors & Certified Instructors, MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructors’, Certified Utah and Delaware Instructors of record; we are also fully engaged in Women & Youth Shooting, BSA RSO Development, and the Legislative Process.

Frequent visits to Annapolis are a priority. Not just on the annual Gun Bill Days to testify, but we visit one-on-one with our congressional delegations.

You mentioned how much money we make. You have no idea how much we make; because at the end of the day, you have no idea what we contribute in time and dollars to the gun owner community. Think about it, would we be offering the Non-Resident Utah CFP Course, Fingerprinting, Passport Photos, and Notarized MD State Police Regulated Firearms Collector Applications and Affidavits not to mention shipping attendee’s finished application package priority mail to Utah for processing for $90.

In short we serve the gun owner community and will continue to do with enthusiasm, as long as we’re making a positive difference. You’re more than welcome to stop by one of our courses to observe the level of engaged and total participation of our Attendees, NRA Recruiters, Club membership drives, and Legislative involvement.

The good folk at AGC and BCG&F come together to promote not only personal defense strategies, but the shooting sports overall.

Keep Your Powder Dry

Ken Brown, Senior Instructor

IOTA Firearms and Security Training Academy

NRA Appointed Training Counselor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Regional Counselor RTBAV®
    NRA Selected and Certified NRA Advanced Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Maryland State Police Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Utah State Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor
    Delaware State License to Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon - Instructor of Record
    Monadnock Defensive Tactics Instructor
    Sabre Personal Safety Instructor
    American Red Cross Instructor
    Maryland CJIS Certified Live Scan Fingerprint Technicians

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Once again, a Great class. Next class will be in November, yes I know it's hunting season but not everybody hunts. 14 of the class became new members of the NRA with one Life Membership. That made this class 100% NRA. Thanks, Chris.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    "Is the IOTA group an IP?"
    "No and they make good money off these courses at BCGF"

Proactive Shooters

It’s amazing that you’re so disturb with a program that promotes the right-to-carry in one of the most anti-CCW States in the Union.

Sorry for being late to the party. I just saw this post

I'm not disturbed with the Utah program at all. In fact, I think I've been teaching it longer than anyone on this forum, unless I'm missing someone. In fact, at least one current Utah instructor here took their Utah class from me. I'm one of the Utah CFP program's biggest supporters.

We at IOTA Firearms and Security Training Academy have never skirted our responsibility of promoting gun owner rights through our own initiatives, as well as supporting those organizations on the front lines of this effort, such as Baltimore County Game & Fish Protective Association and The Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore.

No one suggested anything about skirting your responsibility of promoting gun owner's rights. What you are skirting, is the fact that Industry Partners now pay a fee here to advertise, and you are receiving the benefit of advertising your classes without paying your dues. The Associated Gun Clubs is a wonderful place to teach. I know this because I did a Utah class there, and was told that I would "always be welcomed back".....until some other training company rolled in and bumped us, cramming 100 students into "a room barely able to hold 50 comfortably, in some oppressive heat, packed in like sardines" (that quote came from 2 students who attended your class there at the AGC)....

In our last two Non-Resident Utah Courses held at the aforementioned organizations, BCG&F member and NRA Recruiter, Mr. White, renewed memberships and recruited 100% of the attendees who were not NRA Members. In addition, he recruited one NRA Lifetime Member in each one of the courses, which is an extraordinary accomplishment.

Extraordinary....I love when people join the NRA. I am also an NRA recruiter, and according to my regional NRA recruiting rep, I am currently the #2 "Instructor recruiter" in the region, and have already recruited more life members so far this year, than I have ever had before.

I am not familiar with Pro-Shooters nor do I concern myself with what other local Utah Instructors promote, as long as it brings about pressure on Maryland’s legislative process. We at IOTA are not just NRA Training Counselors & Certified Instructors, MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructors’, Certified Utah and Delaware Instructors of record; we are also fully engaged in Women & Youth Shooting, BSA RSO Development, and the Legislative Process.

We also conduct training for the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Women's groups such as Slutwalk, local victims of crime, senior citizen groups and are frequently involved in the Virginia Citizens Defense League's efforts to change laws in favor of gun owners. In fact, I myself recently caused a law to be changed to allow gun owners to lawfully bring their guns to a training class. Can we stop puffing our chests out now?

You mentioned how much money we make. You have no idea how much we make; because at the end of the day, you have no idea what we contribute in time and dollars to the gun owner community.

Actually, no I didn't. Please check your misquotes and attribute them to the right person.

In short we serve the gun owner community and will continue to do with enthusiasm, as long as we’re making a positive difference. You’re more than welcome to stop by one of our courses to observe the level of engaged and total participation of our Attendees, NRA Recruiters, Club membership drives, and Legislative involvement.

In short, if you want to advertise here, you should pay the IP fee.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Once again, I have contacted "DD214", who handles IP's for the forum but have been told by other admins that he/she has other issues to deal with at this time and is not addressing any IP membership or info. I had requested this info so that not only myself but for others. I am in full agreement that any commercial group should become an IP and pay whatever the fees are. As far as non-profit sportsman, shooting club or activist groups, I don't think so.

To "Proshooter", I don't think this is the place to get into a pissing match with another commercial group, you can do that via PM's or face to face. Chris

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Once again, I have contacted "DD214", who handles IP's for the forum but have been told by other admins that he/she has other issues to deal with at this time and is not addressing any IP membership or info. I had requested this info so that not only myself but for others. I am in full agreement that any commercial group should become an IP and pay whatever the fees are. As far as non-profit sportsman, shooting club or activist groups, I don't think so.

To "Proshooter", I don't think this is the place to get into a pissing match with another commercial group, you can do that via PM's or face to face. Chris

No pissing match required or intended. Statements were made, and I responded to them. That is all.

James,

I'm not disturbed with the Utah program at all. In fact, I think I've been teaching it longer than anyone on this forum, unless I'm missing someone. In fact, at least one current Utah instructor here took their Utah class from me. I'm one of the Utah CFP program's biggest supporters.

Answer:

The last time I checked there were 69 Utah CFP Instructors operating in the MD and VA area. I am sure all 69 Instructors are supporters of the Utah program. I could be wrong about this next number, but there are approximately 15,000 participants on MD Shooters; it’s amazing you have assumed the position of Senior Utah CFP Instructor on MD Shooters. For the record, I am not the “one current Utah instructor” who took your class.

No one suggested anything about skirting your responsibility of promoting gun owner's rights. What you are skirting, is the fact that Industry Partners now pay a fee here to advertise, and you are receiving the benefit of advertising your classes without paying your dues. The Associated Gun Clubs is a wonderful place to teach. I know this because I did a Utah class there, and was told that I would "always be welcomed back".....until some other training company rolled in and bumped us, cramming 100 students into "a room barely able to hold 50 comfortably, in some oppressive heat, packed in like sardines" (that quote came from 2 students who attended your class there at the AGC)....

Answer:

I do not advertise on MD Shooters although I have no issue doing so, however, I do enjoy reading the flow of helpful information and on occasion add my 2¢. The last time I provided input, was to refute misinformation flowing up from Richmond, VA. How do you know whether or not Industry Partners have paid to advertise on MD Shooters, do you know everyone associated with a user name? It seems to me you should spend more time developing your business offerings versus taking on the role advertising sheriff of MD Shooters.

What training company “rolled in and bumped you” out? Did they roll in or were they already there and did they bump you out or simply offer a better product offering. There are 5 Certified Instructor organizations operating at the Patapsco Ranges at Marriottsville, plus a half dozen or so Utah CFP Instructors. The fact is 3 UCFP Instructors held a couple of joint courses together. Yes, there were 100 people pre-registered in attendance, which did not include walk-ins, plus 12 additional team members. Yes, it was hot…the course you referenced was in August. AGC’s Memorial Hall, where the UCFP courses are held, has a Fire Department building code capacity rating of 150 persons.

Extraordinary....I love when people join the NRA. I am also an NRA recruiter, and according to my regional NRA recruiting rep, I am currently the #2 "Instructor recruiter" in the region, and have already recruited more life members so far this year, than I have ever had before.

Answer:

That’s great that "YOU’RE All IN! Keep up the good work. We’re pretty excited, too. Mr. White has recruited 2 more NRA Lifers since my last posting to you and continues to bat 1000 at our Utah CFP courses with regard to new recruits and renewals.

We also conduct training for the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Women's groups such as Slutwalk, local victims of crime, senior citizen groups and are frequently involved in the Virginia Citizens Defense League's efforts to change laws in favor of gun owners. In fact, I myself recently caused a law to be changed to allow gun owners to lawfully bring their guns to a training class. Can we stop puffing our chests out now?

Answer:

I’m sorry you perceived my previous post to be a puffing out of my chest moment. I was simply trying to impress that there are more important community responsibilities and political issues to be concerned and chat about than who is paying advertising fees.

In short, if you want to advertise here, you should pay the IP fee.

Answer:

I agree 100% that IPs should pay the advertising fee. It just so happens, neither I personally nor my firm have posted advertisements on MD Shooters, just responses to your post.

In Summation:

I’ve intentionally been a tad bit flippant in my writing to somehow convey to you how you’re sounding. I have never stepped foot in VA to instruct and don't know who your customers are. For the most part, I operate within 5 or so MD Counties and occasionally respond to out-of-state requests (not VA) to instruct with fellow NRA Instructors. What I cannot comprehend is why you want to instruct in Maryland when Virginia has 2.3 million more citizens and Richmond, VA is approximately170 miles (3.1 hour drive)to where I instruct Utah CFP course in question, Carney, MD.

If you have a need to expand your territory to MD, no one is stopping you. It’s time for you to put this to rest. I really don’t need the pestering; Our IOTA Team is busy preparing course attendees for the coming “Zombie Apocalypse”, which is taxing enough.

As Certified Firearms Instructors, we owe it to ourselves and most definitely to those whom we instruct to behave politely. First and foremost, as we all should know, an armed society must be a polite society.

Keep Your Head Down and Powder Dry,

Ken

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Ken,

I started typing out a response to your last post, and then decided that it just wasn't worth the effort to continue arguing. If you or someone else (by proxy) is advertising for your classes on the forum, then you should pay the IP fee. To do anything less is skirting the rules and that is to the detriment of the other paying IP's here. Period.

No further discussion or argument is needed. Just do the right thing.

Samuel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 12, 2012
    Ken and his wife are good people and assets to the gun community. Remember that when you guys are getting your panties in a wad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom