• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    Not trying to start an argument but what good is it when it isn’t recognized in MD? I would think it would be a hassle in trying to remember to “put it away” every time you cross the MD state line. And God forbid if you DIDN’T remember. You’re going to have a lot of explaining to do if you get stopped by a MD LEO. Am I missing something here?

MT

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Not trying to start an argument but what good is it when it isnt recognized in MD? I would think it would be a hassle in trying to remember to put it away every time you cross the MD state line. And God forbid if you DIDNT remember. Youre going to have a lot of explaining to do if you get stopped by a MD LEO. Am I missing something here? MT
    Most Maryland residents that apply for the Utah or any other States non-resident concealed firearm permit, do so in order to be able to carry when they travel. If you think you may forget you are carrying then maybe a CFP is not right for you. Some may think it is a hassle to take the gun off when coming home, others are happy to carry when they can. Personally I will only be happy when Maryland wakes up and allows everyone to exercise their constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Not just in their home. Mdeng

empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    Most Maryland residents that apply for the Utah or any other States non-resident concealed firearm permit, do so in order to be able to carry when they travel. If you think you may forget you are carrying then maybe a CFP is not right for you. Some may think it is a hassle to take the gun off when coming home, others are happy to carry when they can. Personally I will only be happy when Maryland wakes up and allows everyone to exercise their constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Not just in their home. Mdeng

Thanks for the reply Mdeng. A very good answer. I guess my problem is I don’t travel very much outside MD. I do agree with your last sentences. If/When/Hopefully Maryland does like VA and allows CCW. I will DEFINITELY be in line to get one.
    Take care.

MT

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Thank you to everyone that registered for the March 12 class. The class is now full. :party29:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Well got the class out of the way! Now is the waiting game! hope my wife can get to one in May or June! Its good to have an instructor in SO MD! as it made it an easy drive for me! Informative class! Definitely recommend!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Well got the class out of the way! Now is the waiting game! hope my wife can get to one in May or June! Its good to have an instructor in SO MD! as it made it an easy drive for me! Informative class! Definitely recommend!

Thanks for a great class!

Thank you for the kind words. It was a fun class. We did run a little late, but I think the extra time was well worth it. If you attended the class please let your friends know what you thought of our program and about the upcoming class in Waldorf, April 17th. We are also working to set up another class at the VFW in May or June.

Mdeng

Last edited:

shaggard

Feb 20, 2011
    Lexington Park
    Great class. Very informative. Looking forward to being able to exercise my 2A rights.

Got to meet a few other locals. First time at the VFW also. May have to checkout the Texas hold'em games. ;)

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD

Thanks for a great class!

+1. I may have to try and get my wife to take some of the basic classes from you. Thanks again, I had fun yesterday!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Utah regularly takes 60 business days to send the permit. If it takes longer than that let me know.

I am working to schedule another class at the VFW for May. Keep checking my Industry Partner section for the date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom