• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowderFinger

Certified Gun Nut
    Oct 24, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    Has anyone here attended one of these classes? I would like to attend but have a few questions.
    1- How does the payment for the class work? I see that you select the course you want but it's not listed as a specific location. How can you be sure you are registering for the right class?
    2- How long did it take to get all your paper work approved and get your permit?
    3- Has anyone had any issues with their permits in other states. Whats the difference between a formal and a recognized reciprocity?

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Our classes are broken down by location, so its easy to see where the class will be held. Here is our full calendar - http://proactiveshooters.com/course-calendar/. You can make payment in advance via our website or pay cash or check at the door.

By statute, Utah returns the permit to you within 60 days. Many folks get theirs sooner than that.

I have carried in many states with my own Utah permit and its been fine. No worries. There are 2 types of acknowledgments for the permit, reciprocity and recognition. Reciprocity is a formalized written agreement between 2 states whereby they accept each other's permit. Recognition is just simply a blanket acceptance that one state accepts another's permit without the need for a formal agreement.

Hope that helps to answer your questions.

PowderFinger

Certified Gun Nut
    Oct 24, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    The class I was looking at is November 12th in Baltimore County. It is put on by mid Atlantic firearms training. It says I have to pay in advance online. Are these guys reputable?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The class I was looking at is November 12th in Baltimore County. It is put on by mid Atlantic firearms training. It says I have to pay in advance online. Are these guys reputable?

That would be Brian Fletcher, Mid Atlantic Firearms Training. And yes they are reputable and an Industry Partner here on Maryland Shooters. Here's a link to his section here on the forum.http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I would check with the state and county government that you plan on using this permit in.

just thinking out loud

You are over thinking. Every state neighboring MD allows concealed carry with the Utah permit AFAIK. Obviously the onus is on the bearer to research the law before travel. I use my Utah license all the time. When I leave DC I go to Northern Virginia instead of PG county. One place has much higher crime and the other one allows me to carry. Go figure.:rolleyes:

My class was instructed by Mdeng. Recommended instructor.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom