• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    Looking at a used cpo sig p226, looks pretty clean to me but I am not sure what normal wear is for a 226. the rails look dull black which I think means it does not have much wear. The barrel hood has some wear and around the locking lugs and where it contacts slide is this normal? Does this pistol look to have a low round count, im new to sig and would like to know!

Last edited:

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    Very little use, judging by the photos.

They do not wear out quickly either. Buy it if the price is right and you are willing to learn shooting a DA/SA trigger.

The trigger will get smoother after a few hundred rounds or you can have a trigger job done by SIG for about $100 if I remember correctly.

I have an extra 226 slide for sale if you want to put an RMR (dot sight) on one.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Are you kidding me?? LOL That thing is practically new. I bet that thing doesn't even have 200 rounds through it. You would shit a brick if I posted what my 229 looks like. :)

scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    haha, I had a good feeling about it plan on buying it. It looked like it was barely used to me but its nice to have confirmation. Awesome!

scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    Also I forgot the slide isnt perfectly tight, it has a little bit of play. From what I have read this is normal and should not effect accuracy?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Are you kidding me?? LOL That thing is practically new. I bet that thing doesn't even have 200 rounds through it. You would shit a brick if I posted what my 229 looks like. :)

This.. wait till you have shot couple thousand through it. Lol

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    With a Sig 226/229, it's really negligible given how long the service life of the pistol is. That particular one looks almost barely fired. Even if the gun had 10,000 rounds through it (I would bet money it doesn't have a quarter of that), it's barely broken in. It's even less important given it's been completely restored to factory specifications, in which Sig likely replaced most of the springs. When I worked for a shop, we sold hundreds of CPOs and not a single one ever had an issue that I know of. IMO a CPO is better than new!

The 226 is a gun you could put 30,000 rounds through and only need to replace a spring or two, if that. CPOs are in such demand that they are almost impossible to find and it is in great condition...and believe me when I say it won't last long. In 2008 we would get 20 CPOs in from UPS in the AM and all except the unusual models would be gone within a day or so. Personally, I would take a used 226 with 30k+ rounds through it over most of the new guns on the market having seen just how durable and reliable they are. The CPOs are even better...you save over buying a new one as Sigs aren't cheap, but you are getting a model which has just been refurbished by the factory to all original specifications and is in great shape.

You'd be crazy not to buy it.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    In my experience SIGs always loosen up at the rear of the slide; when I check out a used one I always grab it by the tail and wiggle it. ;)

If its a CPO you don't have anything to worry about. If it had issues SIG would have scrapped it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom