• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keepshooting

Aug 22, 2009
    Waldorf
    Hey Fellow SOMD'ers

I need to buy a used forklift. I've seen a truck on Route 5 that does either forklift service or sales of used forklifts.

Anyone know the company I'm talking about?

Or perhaps knows of someone looking to sell a used forklift?

Any leads or suggestions will be rewarded with Most Favorite Customer status...:)

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    In Elkridge (Baltimore) is Larry T. Weiss Co.
    This company does forktrucks for us. They can sell. rent, or lease you a sitdown truck, a reach truck, or an OP (order picker).
    I'm sure they can get you a propane, gas, or deisel sit-down lift. It depends how much you need to lift, and what the application is.
    If you are going to use it for a buisness, and have others that are going to use it, then training for all users is required. I can give you more details later if you like. I am a trainer where I work.
    Larry is in fact the owner of this company, and if you decide to use them, I can give you my name and Larry will look out for you.
    He has a big shop in Elkridge, and has mechanics to travel to the customers.
    He deals in trades as well as new leases. I'm sure Larry would be willing to talk to you directly. Phone = 410-379-0900; 800-997-7205 or fax = 410-379-6680.

John

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    We got our used forklift from Eastern Forklift. They have great service and will take care of you. With the size of your place, get the three-wheeled electric for tight spaces. Great lift for you guys.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    We got our used forklift from Eastern Forklift. They have great service and will take care of you. With the size of your place, get the three-wheeled electric for tight spaces. Great lift for you guys.

Raymond makes a great 3 wheel sit down, but they will go dead quick in our place, picking up pallets full of tools!

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    I don't know exactly what your lifting needs are but I would suggest a Hyster or Yale when it comes to make. You'll get more bang for your buck with these.

These are essentially the same truck with different trim made on the same line, kind of like a Chevy and a GMC pickup.

Eastern is a Yale dealer and McCalls is Hyster. Both are highly competitive with each other and not one bit below under bidding the competition.

Good news for you is that allot of these dealers are overstocked with used fork trucks due to the economy sinking their customers and forcing the turn in on allot of these fork trucks when business went south.

Are you looking for propane, gas, diesel or electric powered? If propane, make sure it is using a GM engine. The Mazda engines they put in will not get out of their own way.

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    I don't know why, but this just made me think of when I dropped a skid of paper off of a high-lift hand-truck... :o

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    McCall Handling in Baltimore. I've seen their trucks all over the state. I did some work in their offices once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom