• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    How good can you make a 200 dollar pistol? Any resources for parts, improved internals, etc. to get these bad boys humming like a well built .45 of the same vintage? Or are they just too crude and roughly made to ever become great pistols?

I know they have a lot of fans on here. I am intrigued by them but might just save my money and get a modern single stack SA pistol instead. I like that I can get a buttload of 7.62 Tok from AIM for the price of 3 boxes of .45 online.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    How good can you make a 200 dollar pistol? Any resources for parts, improved internals, etc. to get these bad boys humming like a well built .45 of the same vintage? Or are they just too crude and roughly made to ever become great pistols?

I know they have a lot of fans on here. I am intrigued by them but might just save my money and get a modern single stack SA pistol instead. I like that I can get a buttload of 7.62 Tok from AIM for the price of 3 boxes of .45 online.

Get a CZ-52......:D

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    what's the draw of a 9mm barrell?? just doesnt kick worth crap?? 7.62x25 seems waaaay cheaper to shoot and a bigger bang. oh, the trick of clipping off a link on the firing pin block spring made my trigger about a billion times better and the decocker still works without firing...yahooo

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    what's the draw of a 9mm barrell?? just doesnt kick worth crap??
    When the ammo was not as easy to find in local stores, the 9mm barrel was advantageous.
    When letting noobs shoot the pistol without getting a massive flinch from recoil, the 9mm is advantageous.
    When seeing the expression on people's faces next to you on the range that know just a little about CZ52s when they see you loading 9mm in the mag and then firing it is priceless...especially when you can see them stepping back expecting a kaboom. :D

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    that's cool, *quick hijack*, are the hardened steel rollers worth it or even necessary or do you just buy a new pistol when it starts wearing out or developing flat spots(if that actually happens)?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    that's cool, *quick hijack*, are the hardened steel rollers worth it or even necessary or do you just buy a new pistol when it starts wearing out or developing flat spots(if that actually happens)?

I do NOT speak from experience, but I do believe that the hardened steel rollers as a backup at the least is more than worth it.
    I do not have hardened steel rollers, but I do have surplus rollers. They may work just as well over the years, but the hardened rollers provides a huge piece of mind IMO.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

I look at it the other way, I have the soft steel spare surplus rollers, and wouldn't use the hardened steel ones for the simple reason that something has to wear, I would rather it be the cheap and easily replaceable rollers than the notoriously soft steel used in the slide, barrel, and locking block. My fear with hardened rollers is that they could potentially wear more expensive parts out quicker in exchange for a higher round count on the rollers themselves.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I look at it the other way, I have the soft steel spare surplus rollers, and wouldn't use the hardened steel ones for the simple reason that something has to wear, I would rather it be the cheap and easily replaceable rollers than the notoriously soft steel used in the slide, barrel, and locking block. My fear with hardened rollers is that they could potentially wear more expensive parts out quicker in exchange for a higher round count on the rollers themselves.

+1..I've wondered what the hard ones would do to the frame in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom