• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...y-college-gun-arrest-20101023,0,1768004.story

Miles, who had been hired "to make sure kids weren't in the hallway," was terminated immediately, Brice said. He was charged with unlawful possession of a concealable firearm, possessing a dangerous weapon on school property and attempting to sell a firearm, according to court records.

This is not commentary on my part....I'm trying to see if I'm missing something that's not part of the 4-203 language.

All the other charges aside and not withstanding the likelihood that the Sun effed up reporting the charges, can anyone point me to the language that says that makes "possession of a concealable firearm" an offense.

Section 4-203 only uses the word "handgun" with reference to prohibitions on the wearing, carrying or transport of a vehicle.

It's troubling to see the language corrupted in the list of charges because it doesn't say "concealed", it says "concealable" and that opens a huge can of worms.

Then again....the Sun probably screwed it up.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Approached by Miles about buying the gun, the school officer notified his superiors and city police, Brice said. The agencies organized a "controlled buy" on a day that students were not in school. Miles was arrested as soon as he and the officer made the swap, Brice said.

"The school police officer responded appropriately, and we worked together with police for a good thing," Brice said. "No one wants illegal guns on the street."

not the brightest bulb.

Let himself get suckered into worse charges by taking the gun onto school property.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Let himself get suckered into worse charges by taking the gun onto school property.

Oh, don't get me wrong. He's a dirtbag of the first order and he's definitely guilty of that charge.

My point is the "concealable" thing mentioned in the article. I get very uneasy with imprecise language when it comes to charges.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Survey says.... 100%!!! DING-DING-DING!!!!

It's the Baltimore Sun - you don't have to be a good reporter to work for them, just a loyal Democrat.

I'd chalk that up to being the case if the Judicial Case Search stuff showed his information and said otherwise, but all of the details for his criminal history are blank.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    There's nothing in 4-203 that speaks to possession of a concealable handgun. Shocking that the Sun would get this wrong, I know, but we'll have to move on at some point. ;)

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There's nothing in 4-203 that speaks to possession of a concealable handgun. Shocking that the Sun would get this wrong, I know, but we'll have to move on at some point. ;)

But they also use "firearm" not "handgun".

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    move on at some point. = Address?
    move on at some point. = Move along?

Please Clarify (explain, make clear)

:confused:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I'd chalk that up to being the case if the Judicial Case Search stuff showed his information and said otherwise, but all of the details for his criminal history are blank.

Defendant Information

Defendant Name:MILES, TYREE J Race:BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN Sex:MHeight:510Weight:165DOB:10/05/1977 Address:4734 VANCOUVER RD City:BALTIMOREState:MDZip Code:21239 - 0000 Court Scheduling Information

Trial Date:11/16/2010Trial Time:08:30 AMRoom:1 Trial Type:
    Trial Location:1400 E. NORTH AVE BALTIMORE 21213-1400 Charge and Disposition Information

(Each Charge is listed separately. The disposition is listed below the Charge)

Charge No:001Description:REG FIREARM-UNLAWFUL STALE/TRA Statute:PS.5.143Description:REG FIREARM-UNLAWFUL STALE/TRANS Amended Date:CJIS Code:1 0642MO/PLL:Probable Cause:X Incident Date From: 10/14/2010To: 10/14/2010Victim Age:

Charge No:002Description:DANGEROUS WPN ON SCHOOL PROP Statute:CR.4.102Description:DANGEROUS WPN ON SCHOOL PROP Amended Date:CJIS Code:1 5203MO/PLL:Probable Cause:X Incident Date From: 10/14/2010To: 10/14/2010Victim Age:

Charge No:003Description:FIREARM/SALE/PERSON Statute:PS.5.124.(a)Description:FIREARM/SALE/PERSON Amended Date:CJIS Code:1 5240MO/PLL:Probable Cause:X Incident Date From: 10/14/2010To: 10/14/2010Victim Age:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks. It truthfully wasn't there earlier, along with all of his other criminal cases. :o

So....predictably, the Sun is just making crap up.

Defendant Information

Defendant Name:MILES, TYREE J Race:BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN Sex:MHeight:510Weight:165DOB:10/05/1977 Address:4734 VANCOUVER RD City:BALTIMOREState:MDZip Code:21239 - 0000 Court Scheduling Information

Trial Date:11/16/2010Trial Time:08:30 AMRoom:1 Trial Type:
    Trial Location:1400 E. NORTH AVE BALTIMORE 21213-1400 Charge and Disposition Information

(Each Charge is listed separately. The disposition is listed below the Charge)

Charge No:001Description:REG FIREARM-UNLAWFUL STALE/TRA Statute:PS.5.143Description:REG FIREARM-UNLAWFUL STALE/TRANS Amended Date:CJIS Code:1 0642MO/PLL:Probable Cause:X Incident Date From: 10/14/2010To: 10/14/2010Victim Age:

Charge No:002Description:DANGEROUS WPN ON SCHOOL PROP Statute:CR.4.102Description:DANGEROUS WPN ON SCHOOL PROP Amended Date:CJIS Code:1 5203MO/PLL:Probable Cause:X Incident Date From: 10/14/2010To: 10/14/2010Victim Age:

Charge No:003Description:FIREARM/SALE/PERSON Statute:PS.5.124.(a)Description:FIREARM/SALE/PERSON Amended Date:CJIS Code:1 5240MO/PLL:Probable Cause:X Incident Date From: 10/14/2010To: 10/14/2010Victim Age:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The Sun writer is on crack and here is why "...a temporary employee at the prestigious public high school..." There are no prestigious city public schools.

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    Thanks. It truthfully wasn't there earlier, along with all of his other criminal cases. :o

So....predictably, the Sun is just making crap up.

I was worried it was some scary City statute. I'm relieved to see it was just the infotainment I've come to expect.

The Sun writer is on crack and here is why "...a temporary employee at the prestigious public high school..." There are no prestigious city public schools.
    From what I've read, it seems to me that there are two public schools in Baltimore that fit that label.

Baltimore City College: http://education.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/listings/high-schools/maryland/baltimore_city_college

Baltimore Polytechnic Institute: http://education.usnews.rankingsand...ools/maryland/baltimore_polytechnic_institute

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom