• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I would love it if NICS was available to regular people for FTF. I'd use it without a doubt to cover my ass and I bet a lot of other people would too. Unfortunately, what's in the cards is not that.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The other scary issue of a universal background check is that it means anyone can do a background check on you with just a few pieces of information. If this system were to be somehow implemented, the first thing I would try to do with it is run background checks on each of my elected officials, every boy that courts my daughter, every movie starlet I've ever had a crush on, and every person I meet, basically.

It's a privacy nightmare.

News flash : that is already here. Have credit card you can do basic CBC. Need more hire a PI and you are good to go.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    If you can not pass a universal background check you should not be respected as a law abiding citizen that can contribute anything of much significance. You should not be allowed a good paying job because you are probably not worthy. You should be on social welfare.

You know,if that's all it took be on social welfare we might get quite a few takers.. which may not be a good idea. Unless you like high taxes...:)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    UBC is a farce. Its first goal will be to force all sales through FFLs. The second goal will be high transfer "fees", as in $100 and up. It's not going to be about lawful sales and transfers. It will be about erecting tall barriers one by one to prevent future gun sales. It's about targeting the law-abiding, who one way or another will be gradually turned into law breakers and disqualified due to no fault of their own. Current bills in various state legislatures make this plainly obvious.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    If you can not pass a universal background check you should not be respected as a law abiding citizen that can contribute anything of much significance. You should not be allowed a good paying job because you are probably not worthy. You should be on social welfare.

Absolute ********. Just because I CAN pass a background check doesn't mean I should have to in order to exercise a natural right. The burden should be on the State to show that you are a prohibited person, not on you to show you're not.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    All of the proposed anti-gun bills are BS. The politicians know that the proposed legislation will do nothing to stop or reduce gun violence. The legal gun owners are just a target group to be milked with fees to help support the politicans spending sprees. If they could determine a way to tax sex, we would be in a world of hurt.

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    If we had a government that respected the 2A and just wanted to make sure criminals weren't buying firearms, I would be all for this. Since we don't.....:tdown:

Yeah, when the start actually prosecuting people in violation of the current laws then maybe I'll give them 5 minutes of my time, but until then, they can simply piss off.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    The other scary issue of a universal background check is that it means anyone can do a background check on you with just a few pieces of information. If this system were to be somehow implemented, the first thing I would try to do with it is run background checks on each of my elected officials, every boy that courts my daughter, every movie starlet I've ever had a crush on, and every person I meet, basically.

It's a privacy nightmare.

Background checks would go through FFLs. I think with NICS it's more of a go/no go thing, no details, so it wouldn't be too much of a privacy issue on that regard. It's a nightmare in other ways though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom