• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Stopped by United to do the MD paperwork for a CZ Rami from out of state. By the time I completed it, I noticed a new Colt Python with the 3" barrel, sitting in their display case.

Taking a line thru St. Augustine, I muttered "Lord, make me stop . . . but not yet!"

I'll be picking it up next week, along with the CZ. It had to be done; I can't afford a short-barreled Python from the past - this was easily only a third of the going rate, and I always wanted one, and I saved ten bucks for the MSP by just going for it, and they told me that the short ones aren't as easy to find, and and and.

Sure is purty.

I better wear a blindfold when I go back next week. Thanks, Matt!

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Are you a designator collector or does this mean you can't make another purchase for 60 days? (Is that how it works?) I was thinking a pulling off the bandaid and getting another one within the 30 days if possible.

Congrats on the great finds!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Are you a designator collector or does this mean you can't make another purchase for 60 days? (Is that how it works?) I was thinking a pulling off the bandaid and getting another one within the 30 days if possible.

Congrats on the great finds!
    Thanks!
    Been designated collector for years. It costs nothing, you merely send in a form to MSP and they send you a letter a few weeks later. (At least that's the way it used to work. Now that MSP has entered the late 20th century, a lot of stuff gets done on their website instead of on paper. Ask your local gun shop folks; they should be current on the matter).

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    No picture?
    Sorry; it looks better in person -
    Python.jpg

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Sorry; it looks better in person -
    View attachment 368736
    That looks pretty good to me , I wouldn't have been able to leave that one behind either. Something about stainless and walnut( or cocabola?)...........it's just goes together like peanut butter and jelly, throw in an adjustable rear sight and there is no turning back.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Something similar happened to me when I saw a HK P7M8 in the case.
    Funny you should mention that.

Many years ago I saw a P7 at the old Silver Spring Atlantic Guns. I didn't buy it, but it never really left my mind. Eventually I stumbled on the Cult of the P7 website, and was moved to pick up a couple back then. This was just before the German police guns hit the used market, and I got a couple commercial PSPs for prices in the high three figures. Then the police guns came available for like 600 bucks. Well, I had mine, and turned my nose up at the new arrivals. I've kicked myself more than a few times for not grabbing as many as possible, but I left them for everybody else.

I just knew that that Python, which I need like yet another hole in my head, wouldn't wait around much longer. I had some flexibility in my plastic situation, and I took the leap.

So, how do you like your P7?

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Thanks!
    Been designated collector for years. It costs nothing, you merely send in a form to MSP and they send you a letter a few weeks later. (At least that's the way it used to work. Now that MSP has entered the late 20th century, a lot of stuff gets done on their website instead of on paper. Ask your local gun shop folks; they should be current on the matter).
    It's the same process, just did it two months ago.

dh0824

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    Stopped by United to do the MD paperwork for a CZ Rami from out of state. By the time I completed it, I noticed a new Colt Python with the 3" barrel, sitting in their display case.

Taking a line thru St. Augustine, I muttered "Lord, make me stop . . . but not yet!"

I'll be picking it up next week, along with the CZ. It had to be done; I can't afford a short-barreled Python from the past - this was easily only a third of the going rate, and I always wanted one, and I saved ten bucks for the MSP by just going for it, and they told me that the short ones aren't as easy to find, and and and.

Sure is purty.

I better wear a blindfold when I go back next week. Thanks, Matt!
    "I better wear a blindfold when I go back next week."

I know the feeling! Every time I go in to pick up a purchase, I walk out with another appointment for 7 days later. It's uncanny. Great call on the Python!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    "I better wear a blindfold when I go back next week."

I know the feeling! Every time I go in to pick up a purchase, I walk out with another appointment for 7 days later. It's uncanny. Great call on the Python!
    I went there on a Saturday morning last month to pay and start paperwork on a pistol I spotted right here on MDS. When I went back to pick it up I saw another one I just had to have. The following Saturday I went to pick it up and made a conscious effort to NOT look in the display cases or on the wall! LOL! At $5/gallon I just can't drive from Bel Air to Rockville every week!

dh0824

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    I went there on a Saturday morning last month to pay and start paperwork on a pistol I spotted right here on MDS. When I went back to pick it up I saw another one I just had to have. The following Saturday I went to pick it up and made a conscious effort to NOT look in the display cases or on the wall! LOL! At $5/gallon I just can't drive from Bel Air to Rockville every week!
    We should start a support group...where one person gives the other rides every week. Hah. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom