• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I truly believe the SKS rifle is one of the best investments you can make right now and Yugo's are some of the best ones made.
    Even better if you got one 3 or 4 years ago when they were $100-$200.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I truly believe the SKS rifle is one of the best investments you can make right now and Yugo's are some of the best ones made.
    Even better if you got one 3 or 4 years ago when they were $100-$200.

I agree 100%. The sks is under appreciated. Most are more accurate then a lot of the ak47s on the market. I cant imagine what the price of these will be once supply runs out.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Eh I never could mesh with these guns, but still its not hugely bad. Though my bet would still be rearsenaled.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Eh I never could mesh with these guns, but still its not hugely bad. Though my bet would still be rearsenaled.

the unissued condition SKS' that have been on the market for years now are not re-arsenaled, they are original.

in 05 i paid $150 for my unissued 59/66, besides some handling marks it was pristine, and it even came with the original military maintenance logbook which includes its date of manufacture, date of test fire and even a diagram of its test fire group.

back then these were a steal and everyone knew it.

at $300 its a more than fair price for what you're getting still.

there are not many whole, original and matching,unissued condition as issued military firearms that you can get on the market for $300.

they're a lot of fun to shoot too.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    At $300 that's not too bad if you have a C&R and can get it to the house for $330 or so but if you don't have a C&R it comes to the house at $375. For the life of me I don't see how SKS rifles are bringing $500 when you can get an AK for $450 which is technologically superior and has many more accessories.

VTX1800

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 29, 2011
    AA County
    At $300 that's not too bad if you have a C&R and can get it to the house for $330 or so but if you don't have a C&R it comes to the house at $375. For the life of me I don't see how SKS rifles are bringing $500 when you can get an AK for $450 which is technologically superior and has many more accessories.

How is a AK so "technologically superior" ?

Better sights? ..no, basically the same
    More accurate? ..no, the SKS is more accurate

The AK does have a removable higher capacity magazine but with practice the SKS can be re-loaded faster.

I would agree that a "real" AK is a superior battle weapon because it's a fully automatic machine gun , however what you will be buying here in the US for $450 is a POS Romanian WASR which is not a superior weapon to an original Russian SKS IMHO.

skooter525

Sep 27, 2008
    Aberdump
    I have what was told to me when I bought it, a paratrooper model it has a short barrel. Is that rare or just another common model?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    309+ shipping is not bad. My personal preference is to have anything other than the yugo 59/66 just due to the lack of chrome bore on them, every one i have bought, i have sold cause i wasnt real happy with the bore when it got to me. You can still find a nice Chinese local at about the same price, it will be chrome lined and not have gas valve issues like can become a problem with the yugos.

Sirex