• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    I thought i saw on the news that Hillary blew it off to spend time with her new grand baby? Hmm..must have been something else..

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Not the issue... Hatch act is not about fair play.. its about no play.

It was Parisian event. That is the issue. In a non election period it might be OK. .This could be a very big deal...

Once again, it is a student organization sponsoring the event. Not state employees. They used student funds allocated to them to "rent" the facility as any other student group would be able to do.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Once again, it is a student organization sponsoring the event. Not state employees. They used student funds allocated to them to "rent" the facility as any other student group would be able to do.

Do you have personal knowledge or verifiable documentation of that, or are you just making an assumption based upon how it's "supposed" to be? We have more than enough assumption and far too few verified facts. How much did they pay UMD, and when was the check cut? Was it cashed? When? Let's follow the money trail.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

In which case the fair market value with security is due . And it counts as a reportable in kind contbution to the campaign. How much do think the fair market value of a 1500 seat venue really is? How about traffic control and security?.. must be some pizza budjet.

The actual rental fee is an in kind contribution. Any difference vs the true market value is a potential violation of relevant federal and state law.

Color me skeptical...

But I am willing to wait for the audit.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    It's a legitimate inquiry, RJD, and offered as such. If a Republican event potentially used taxpayer money and public resources, it might lead the 6:00 news and have prominence in the WaPo. The libs find, expose, and exploit improper campaign activities at every opportunity. Absolutely not nonsense.

"Crush" (actually expose and criticize) Brown for every legitimate reason, at every legitimate opportunity. Unlike Brown's gang, who rely on distraction, deception, and dissembling. Politics ain't beanbag, RJD.

No one said it was. However, if you actually want intelligent people to join your cause you can't expect anyone to care about stupid stuff like this. It would not lead the 6 p.m. news because it's nonsense. It's a made up issue, and there are plenty of real issues to focus on.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    In which case the fair market value with security is due . And it counts as a reportable in kind contbution to the campaign. How much do think the fair market value of a 1500 seat venue really is? How about traffic control and security?.. must be some pizza budjet.

The actual rental fee is an in kind contribution. Any difference vs the true market value is a potential violation of relevant federal and state law.

Color me skeptical...

But I am willing to wait for the audit.

Stop. Non issue.

Jul 1, 2012
    What high school took their pep band/marching band members out of school and compelled them to attend and participate in a partisan political campaign rally?

Northwestern High School Marching Band. Go Wildcats!
    It's only a few miles away.
    I'm sure the principal & band director saw it as an honor and a way to get positive exposure for the band, not as political support or endorsement. When I was there the marching band had about 10-15 pieces. We sucked but they still made us go out and play gigs like this.
    <I take that back we never played any political rallies that I can remember. But we sucked so hard they probably never asked us. We did mostly malls/store openings and crap like that. >

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm sure the principal & band director saw it as an honor and a way to get positive exposure for the band, not as political support or endorsement. When I was there the marching band had about 10-15 pieces. We sucked but they still made us go out and play gigs like this.
    <I take that back we never played any political rallies that I can remember. But we sucked so hard they probably never asked us. We did mostly malls/store openings and crap like that. >

You went to Northwestern? I live right across the street from there.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I was President/Treasurer of a UMD club for 2 years. As long as my paperwork was in order I could get funding for almost anything except clothes and food. Everything was paid with a purchase order filled by the State within 30 days. And the money did come from student fees.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Yeah, you get funding allotted from SGA, and then you can put in paperwork specifying what you want to do with the funds. They probably used their funds to rent out a venue. During my freshman or sophomore year, Young Americans for Liberty brought Ron Paul onto campus to speak.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    No one said it was. However, if you actually want intelligent people to join your cause you can't expect anyone to care about stupid stuff like this. It would not lead the 6 p.m. news because it's nonsense. It's a made up issue, and there are plenty of real issues to focus on.

Cool lets repeal all the campaign finance laws. I am good with that.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Cool lets repeal all the campaign finance laws. I am good with that.

lol. The Democrats enacted many of those things to hogtie and trap unwary Republicans, and in large part it worked for a long time. It's a bit humorous to see self-proclaimed Republicans complaining about wanting to see them enforced even-handedly against Democrats.

Do those same Republicans object to filing civil rights lawsuits to defend 2A rights?

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    lol. The Democrats enacted many of those things to hogtie and trap unwary Republicans, and in large part it worked for a long time. It's a bit humorous to see self-proclaimed Republicans complaining about wanting to see them enforced even-handedly against Democrats.

Do those same Republicans object to filing civil rights lawsuits to defend 2A rights?

Please stop, you're making a fool of yourself. Everyone on this forum strongly supports the 2A. Please tell my why a self proclaimed Democrat, 5 days from the election, cares that Anthony Brown violated a campaign finance law. Seriously. That's not how we get people to vote for Hogan. Politicians appear at colleges all the time. Focus on taxes, the economy, guns, etc. You're losing sight of the big picture.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Please stop, you're making a fool of yourself. Everyone on this forum strongly supports the 2A. Please tell my why a self proclaimed Democrat, 5 days from the election, cares that Anthony Brown violated a campaign finance law. Seriously. That's not how we get people to vote for Hogan. Politicians appear at colleges all the time. Focus on taxes, the economy, guns, etc. You're losing sight of the big picture.

Wow. Nobody's losing sight of anything or nearly as myopic as you make them out to be. Quite the opposite. You are the one who appears to have a fixation over this. It's a hair on a gnat in my life, an interesting question that others raised, not me, in the context of the event that lends this thread its title. What do you know that nobody else does, that makes it so near and dear to you?

People reading here are already well aware of taxes, the economy, guns, etc.; this is an interesting question based on a very recent event, and some people here, not just me, are curious. I didn't start this thread.

Please read the thread title. It's about the very event in question, NOT taxes, the economy, guns, etc. So, if you don't want to talk about that event, maybe you should find discussions that better suit your interests instead of trying to shut down discussion on one that you don't like. No offense intended or taken. Have a great weekend. :)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Or we like the 1a as well.. see I want the laws struck, to do that I need Democrats to feel the heat. Osc can take this up later.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I graduated from Northwestern a long time ago. When were you there?

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Do you have personal knowledge or verifiable documentation of that, or are you just making an assumption based upon how it's "supposed" to be? We have more than enough assumption and far too few verified facts. How much did they pay UMD, and when was the check cut? Was it cashed? When? Let's follow the money trail.

I have worked there for 14 years and advise three student clubs. What I am stating is fact. You are trying to make something out of nothing. I am out.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    http://umdrepublicans.wordpress.com/

The current student Chairwomen is a former student of mine and member of the Rifle and Pistol Club. They host events on campus as well. If you visit their Facebook page, you will find a recent post:

"Thanks to the 21 people who showed up to phone bank for Dan Bongino tonight!! We reached 1,347 voters in 2 hours! Awesome job."

Photo is in a classroom.

Here is another event they sponsored:

"REMINDER - We are hosting Ken Timmerman, candidate for Maryland Lt. Gov., TONIGHT at 8pm in Jimenez 1122!"

Jimenez is a classroom building on campus.

Should we investigate them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom