• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I saw one in a gunshow in Pa about a month ago. The guy wanted $450.00 for it.

The Beta-C mags are also heavy. with an M1a, optics. Beta-C and ammo... about 20 lbs. And it rattles when loaded.

That would be a 'because I can' purchase anyway. It has no real use.

100 rds of 7.62 on tap would just be a cool option.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    marlin 25mn. after the elections we never had a shtf scenario...could anyone find ammo? imagine something actually happening. a backpack could easily carry thousands of .22 mag and it's still got the punch to get food or drop a person. (handgun would probably be most practical for self defense still in an environment of not knowing friend from foe and needing mobility and the ability to appear unarmed)
    1209092027.jpg

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    FAL or derivative. Ammo availability and reliability are good. Weight's a factor, but I'll accept that for the larger round and longer barrel.

OTOH, the AR manual of arms is second nature at this point. This may take some thought.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Definitely my M4. Glock 22 for secondary. If i could get to my weapons in said SHTF scenario. But if all i had on me was my G27, i think i could do some real damage with it at short ranges. The only problem with the shoot someone and take their weapon thing is that not all of us take care of our weapons. That's right i said it. Now of course i'm not talking about any of us here. But i have heard tale of folks that never clean any of their guns.(throws up in mouth:puke2:) So i suppose you would have to be kind of "selective" about that.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Here's my bug-out kit. " load another magazine, in my trusty M16" I love that cadence.

Attachments

• ARSBR2.jpg
      ARSBR2.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 348
    • DSCN3126.jpg
      DSCN3126.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 339
    • kimber.jpg
      kimber.jpg
      151.3 KB · Views: 344

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    For those who like compact packages and hate batteries

the Austrian-American Bug-out / Survival Kit

Attachments

• survival kit.jpg
      survival kit.jpg
      77.5 KB · Views: 342

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Ammo I have.:thumbsup:

I think my SHTF rifle would be a 10/22 just for the fact it is possible to carry so much ammo.

In SHTF, I'm more concerned about surviving the first wave of hungry, panicked driven , unprepared masses ( Zombies) that are armed with most likely a rifle or handgun of military caliber.

I'll worry about hunting later.. It is the 2 legged predators that is the biggest threat to safety and survival of my family. the 22LR, while being practical for a long term post apocalyptic situation and to get there... one must survive the first few weeks of an apocalyptic event. The 22LR just does not inspire confidence in a SHTF application. If it cant take down deer... It will have a hard time taking down tangoes.

IMO, a SHTF rifle should be of Military or Police caliber.

It is also disturbing to know that most American households... only have Three days worth of food and water stocked up. A majority of American are 9-meals away from anarchy.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    In SHTF, I'm more concerned about surviving the first wave of hungry, panicked driven , unprepared masses ( Zombies) that are armed with most likely a rifle or handgun of military caliber.

I'll worry about hunting later.. It is the 2 legged predators that is the biggest threat to safety and survival of my family. the 22LR, while being practical for a long term post apocalyptic situation and to get there... one must survive the first few weeks of an apocalyptic event. The 22LR just does not inspire confidence in a SHTF application. If it cant take down deer... It will have a hard time taking down tangoes.

IMO, a SHTF rifle should be of Military or Police caliber.

It is also disturbing to know that most American households... only have Three days worth of food and water stocked up. A majority of American are 9-meals away from anarchy.

I think a .22 is lethal enough to survive for a few weeks. Most people do not even have guns. There is always the 12g for back up. :)

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    9 meals away from anarchy.........you watched the show on history channel......after the apocolypse

I watched part of The Colony. It was funny most of their problems could have been solved with a gun. Hunting/food - solved with a gun. Attacking invaders - solved with a gun. Starting a fire - gun powder.

On second thought the Mosin Nagant would also be good. It has adequate knock down power for hunting anything and it is long enough with the bayonet you could defend all corners of your hovel from a central location. Ammo is heavy though.

doneyd67

May 12, 2010
    Howard County
    Here's a question if there ever was a case that you had to bug out when SHTF has anyone determined where would they bug out to? as if different location meeting or rally location...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom