• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Did somebody say Kroil? The magic elixir of life. Just remember to glove up when working with it over extended periods of time (Had an ugly reaction to what was absorbed through my skin, scared the hell out of me.). The No2 MKIV and Daudeteau barn finds I got were in rougher condition so I know these Mausers will turn out OK. 'Tis just a flesh wound...
    Just be careful with the rack numbers on the first stock. I'm a sucker for those character marks. In fact, the wood looks pretty good on the outside. Hopefully what's underneath is also solid. A gentle cleaning should really bring out the beauty.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looks great, Im sure they'll clean up nicely once that grime is cleaned off. I would have sprung on those too if I was into the South American stuff. Out of my collecting range unfortunately. I almost bid on the matching Yugo Capture K98k that same seller had the other day but I have something else in the works that should hopefully arrive sometime next week.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Did somebody say Kroil? The magic elixir of life. Just remember to glove up when working with it over extended periods of time (Had an ugly reaction to what was absorbed through my skin, scared the hell out of me.). The No2 MKIV and Daudeteau barn finds I got were in rougher condition so I know these Mausers will turn out OK. 'Tis just a flesh wound...
    Just be careful with the rack numbers on the first stock. I'm a sucker for those character marks. In fact, the wood looks pretty good on the outside. Hopefully what's underneath is also solid. A gentle cleaning should really bring out the beauty.

I think I'll be able to bring these two pleasantly back to life. The before and after pics should be dramatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom