U.N. job posting for "Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Officer" in NY

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena
    Has anyone else been hearing about this U.N. job posting? It seems a bit odd since the U.S. did sign the U.N. Small Arms Treaty (it was not approved by the Senate). Why would they have this job posting with the duty station in New York unless this was taking place in the U.S.? There has also been talk of job postings at military bases for soldiers to join the division this U.N. officer would run. Here is the posting on the U.N. website:

https://inspira.un.org/psc/UNCAREERS/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/UN_CUSTOMIZATIONS.UN_JOB_DETAIL.GBL?Page=UN_JOB_DETAIL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=34627

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The UN building in NYC is it's own soveriegn territory.

The UN diplomats continually laugh at the NYPD, who write tickets on the street within it's boundary.

Has anyone else been hearing about this U.N. job posting? It seems a bit odd since the U.S. did sign the U.N. Small Arms Treaty (it was not approved by the Senate). Why would they have this job posting with the duty station in New York unless this was taking place in the U.S.? There has also been talk of job postings at military bases for soldiers to join the division this U.N. officer would run. Here is the posting on the U.N. website:

https://inspira.un.org/psc/UNCAREERS/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/UN_CUSTOMIZATIONS.UN_JOB_DETAIL.GBL?Page=UN_JOB_DETAIL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=34627

The UN is for the elite of foreign countries to live in NYC: eat at fancy restaurants, attend shows, shop, etc. All on their country's dime. Of course the job is located at the HQ. It probably just a few meetings, a teleconf with some lower level guys who are actually getting shot at, then dinner in Manhattan and drinks on the Upper West Side.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md

The UN diplomats continually laugh at the NYPD, who write tickets on the street within it's boundary.
    The UN is a useless waste of money and should be shutdown so the building could be put to better use.

Southwest Chuck

A Calguns Interloper.. ;)
    Jul 21, 2011
    CA
    What's the pay? :D

If it's decent, I could infiltrate them .... and if the time came, to jump into my electric cart, take off at high speed and yell "the Blue Helmets are Coming, the Blue Helmets are Coming" :lol2:.

On second thought CA is bad enough. No way I'm moving to NYC :tdown:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wonder what life expectancy in that position would be if they try to deploy the successful candidate to, say, Texas?

How long does it take something traveling at 3200fps to traverse about 100 yards??

I'd say that's about how long someone has.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

The diplomats themselves are immune and don't have to obey US laws. However the city has been working with their home countries to get them to pay up.

When I worked at the UN they disobeyed all sorts of laws including the NYC smoking ban in buildings.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Good i hope they all give each other second hand lung cancer!!!! (sorry to anyone who has lost someone to cancer)

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Good i hope they all give each other second hand lung cancer!!!! (sorry to anyone who has lost someone to cancer)

It was bad in there at one point... smoking in offices was common.

Then they just restricted it to a coffee break room downstairs and the delegates' lounge. I'm not entirely sure if they kept that practice after the secretariat building renovations.

The benefits of working for the UN are spectacular - two free flights to your home country every year, paid college tuition for your kids, and oodles of vacation time. Your salary is also tax free.

The only catch is that almost none of these benefits apply if you are a US citizen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom