• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • helg

Dec 26, 2008
    MD roster at http://www.mdsp.org/services/handgun.asp under Tressitu states:

TZ 99(10 round) 9MM, .40S&W, .45ACP, .357SIG

TZ99 indeed has 10 round magazine in 40SW. Its 9mm version comes with 15 round mag, while 10 rds aftermarket mags do exist for the gun. Does the roster line means that the 9mm with the factory 15-round mag is illegal to transfer in MD?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Why would a 15 round model be illegal? Did they previously offer a higher capacity model? Sorry I have no answer for you, only more questions.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Whoa, take a look at this on the roster. I am glad helg mentioned this. They have the "approved" version of the TZ-99 notated with 10-round magazine after it. Wonder how long its been like this? A new way to screw with us or something??? :confused:

Model Model Number Caliber
    TZ 99(10 round) 9MM, .40S&W, .45ACP, .357SIG

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I think the gun came out during the AWB, so only 10 round mags would have been legal. (Does the gun use any other mag? It looks like a P226, right? Does it use 226 mags?)

Also, the list is for guns sold or transferred, not what is legal to own. Example, it is legal to take and put a .22 conversion kit on a 1911 even if the base gun isn't listed as being a .22. Same goes for putting a 357SIG barrel into a .40 S&W gun. You can't sell the gun in that configuration, but you can own and use the gun.

helg

Dec 26, 2008
    The gun is basically 226, but has milled slide, and is not that expensive as the 226. Its South African manufacturer, Tressitu is our of business for over a decade. I am not sure whether the 226 mags fit it, but it well may be.

I never heard of any 10-round magazine restrictions in MD. I would better assume that it is a contradictory typo in the roster, as 9mm TZ99 model seems to have been produced only with 15 round magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom