• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    Well,

I just got back from picking up my two new toys from the FFL on Cobb Island.

Toy number 1 is a SPAS 12 shotgun. A buddy of mine bought one of these when we were in high school, and we had a lot of fun with it back then. I have always wanted one of my own since then, so some 20 years later, I splurged.

Toy number 2 is an NDM-86 Chinese Dragunov. I am looking forward to getting this out to the range. I have already replaced the scope with the Minuta 1P21 that I bought a couple o weeks ago, and I ordered a bipod last week, which should arrive sometime next week. Obviously, I haven’t shot it yet, but I am happy with it. It is more solid then I was expecting, bought it over the internet. I looked at the PSL at Doug’s in Waldorf, and it was very “loose”, the NDM does not suffer from this issue. I was taken by its size though, I was expecting something, bigger. It is a little shorter than my Mosin, which was about what I expected, but I thought that the stock would be larger. It feels funny when I go for a cheek weld, I will need to play with it some. I just bought a shock pad for it, if it ends up fitting like the description claimed, it will add 1 inch to the stock length. I would be happier with about 3 more inches, but I don’t think I will get it. I should have known this thing would be designed for smaller people than myself.

Anyway, I was just looking to blow off some steam, as I can’t get to the range anytime too soon, probably not till July, I thought I would at least post about it…

Andy

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Well,

I just got back from picking up my two new toys from the FFL on Cobb Island.

Toy number 1 is a SPAS 12 shotgun. A buddy of mine bought one of these when we were in high school, and we had a lot of fun with it back then. I have always wanted one of my own since then, so some 20 years later, I splurged.

Toy number 2 is an NDM-86 Chinese Dragunov. I am looking forward to getting this out to the range. I have already replaced the scope with the Minuta 1P21 that I bought a couple o weeks ago, and I ordered a bipod last week, which should arrive sometime next week. Obviously, I haven’t shot it yet, but I am happy with it. It is more solid then I was expecting, bought it over the internet. I looked at the PSL at Doug’s in Waldorf, and it was very “loose”, the NDM does not suffer from this issue. I was taken by its size though, I was expecting something, bigger. It is a little shorter than my Mosin, which was about what I expected, but I thought that the stock would be larger. It feels funny when I go for a cheek weld, I will need to play with it some. I just bought a shock pad for it, if it ends up fitting like the description claimed, it will add 1 inch to the stock length. I would be happier with about 3 more inches, but I don’t think I will get it. I should have known this thing would be designed for smaller people than myself.

Anyway, I was just looking to blow off some steam, as I can’t get to the range anytime too soon, probably not till July, I thought I would at least post about it…

Andy
    :needpics:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You go big, those arnt cheap choices! (usually my blowing of steam is a $300 handgun or AR lower).

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    Well, I havent bought a fire arm in about 4 years, so I was due! In the last month, I have picked up the two mentioned above, as well as a Mosin Sniper, and a K98 Sniper.

At this pont, there is only one more piece that I really want, and that is an Enfield Sniper. I may pick up some sort of a hunting shotgun later this year if I can find someone willing to take me out and teach me to hunt Turkey. I have been shooting for many years, but never hunted before, and somewhat clueless on where to begin...

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    :)

Attachments

• pichers1.jpg
      pichers1.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 230

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    OK, I never claimed to be a photographer! By the way, I still think this thread is worthless, even with pics!

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

Here are some pics from last week of the 2 new C&R’s…

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    wow, I love that shotgun. What kind of scope is that on the mosin?

That is the standard scope that was put on the Mosins during WWII. According to some guys on another site, the markings on it tells them that it was manufactured at the Progress Factory in 1944, and was original with the rifle, apparently matched together at the factory before being issued to the field.

IMG_2268.jpg

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Ive only had it for less than 2 weeks, and havent shot it yet! If it sucks when I do shoot it though, I will sell it to you...:innocent0

Nooooo don't sell it to Bean he's our resident 16 year old/47 year old ATF agent, it's a trap. :innocent0 :D

BTW I'd gladly dispose of it for you and not charge you for disposal. :deal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom