• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    There'll be a civil suit. They'll get him somehow.

I don't know if the Martin family would want a civil suit. A lot of the details about Trayvon's past and activities were not allowed in the criminal trial, but would come out in a civil case and show what the "child" was really like.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Does the OP or anybody actually have a news story or evidence that the DOJ is planning on charging Zimmerman again? I know the DOJ has said they are looking into the possibility (probably trying to assuage some of the anger out there right now), but not that they were going to.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    It's not double jeopardy.

Dual sovereignty. Double jeopardy only applies to charges by the same sovereign. State courts and Federal courts are different sovereign, so even if acquitted in state court, he could be tried for violation of any federal laws still. What federal laws has he violated? No idea, but anything won't be precluded based on double jeopardy grounds.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    He did more in 10 minutes to destroy race relations...........

"...senselessly expand the concept of self-defense..."?!?!

"We will stand our ground..."

WTF???

ETA: I particularly liked the aggrandizing and dramatic piano...

:::gag:::

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Not gonna happen, and ...

Slate.com pimps the meme to prove it.

You Are Not Trayvon Martin
    His death wasn’t about race, guns, or your pet issue. It was about misjudgment and overreaction—exactly what we’re doing now to the verdict.

And the reason there won't be any civil action is that the rules of evidence are MUCH different, and innocent 12yo Trayvon will also be on trial as much as Zimmerman.

Reading the summation of the last two prargraphs you'll understand why I think this.

In court, evidence and scrutiny have exposed these difficult, complicated truths. But outside the court, ideologues are ignoring them. They’re oversimplifying a tragedy that was caused by oversimplification. Martin has become Emmett Till. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is using the verdict to attack Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, which wasn’t invoked in this case. The grievance industrial complex is pushing the Department of Justice to prosecute Zimmerman for bias-motivated killing, based on evidence that didn’t even support a conviction for unpremeditated killing. Zimmerman’s lawyers have teamed up with members of the Congressional Black Caucus, inadvertently, to promote the false message that Zimmerman’s acquittal means our society thinks everything he did was OK.

It wasn’t OK. It was stupid and dangerous. It led to the unnecessary death of an innocent young man. It happened because two people—their minds clouded by stereotypes that went well beyond race—assumed the worst about one another and acted in haste. If you want to prevent the next Trayvon Martin tragedy, learn from their mistakes. Don’t paint the world in black and white. Don’t declare the whole justice system racist, or blame every gun death on guns, or confuse acquittal with vindication. And the next time you see somebody who looks like a punk or a pervert, hold your fire.

So, by Slate's measure, if Zimmerman would have NOT done anything, then innocent 12yo Trayvon would still be living today. To that I say, bring on a civil trial and let the whole story be told. But, like my posting title says ... Not gonna happen ... because it's easier to spread a lie than face the truth.

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    The clear fact is that this biased administration is going to listen to the mob of people and at least try. Look at the AG's comments earlier - nothing impartial about his comments, right? The entire administration is totally biased towards anyone that opposes their agenda to enslave the American People - one and all.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    You call it odds I call it racially profiling
    Odds, stereotyping, racially profiling...... who cares what it's called, if it works than so be it.

The highest percentage of terrorists are Arab/Muslim.
    The highest percentage of racketeers, white collar criminals, and serial killers are white.
    The highest percentage of car jackers, crack dealers, and gangsta wannabes are black.

If using statistics like these is considered racial profiling and helps to prevent crime or catch criminals than profile away!

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I wonder if Trayvon had lived would he have been charged with felony assault and since he described Zimmerman as a "creepy ass cracka" and then assaulted him would the DOJ have looked into persuing civil charges against Trayvon for a racially motivated hate crime?

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I wonder if Trayvon had lived would he have been charged with felony assault and since he described Zimmerman as a "creepy ass cracka" and then assaulted him would the DOJ have looked into persuing civil charges against Trayvon for a racially motivated hate crime?

You know they wouldn't. In 2009, the DOJ called the Fort Hood massacre "just an unfortunate work place violence incident" and that Hasan was not profiling when her murdered all of those innocent people. They still maintain that he was not a terrorist! I'm surprised that DOJ has not figured a way to claim the people that were shot and killed were at fault.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom