• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Talkinguns

Belt-Fed
    Feb 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Hey Guys,
    Ive been a lurker on here for a long time now and really love this forum. Im really trying to get back into hunting and have been posting on craigslist to try and find a place to hunt. Here's my situation.

"I am a 27 year old USMC veteran looking for some land to hunt this and the coming years. I am polite and respectful hunter who hunts for the meat. It would be only me hunting so it does not need to be much property. Even if you only want the deer population lightly managed, I will take only a specified number of deer each year. I am especially safe and will not take any risks if I am not sure. I was a sniper in the Marines and am very discrete and careful to take well placed shots, ensuring the animal isn't only wounded. I also honor any/all requests by the landowners (e.g bow and arrow only).
    The last place I was able to hunt was between two neighborhoods (about 300yds) and I was entrusted to responsibly mange an overpopulation of deer. I only used bow, only shot on a downward angle from a tree stand, and only took shots that were within 30 yards. I was also asked to be discrete, and no one in either neighborhood knew I hunted there for the 3 years i was stationed near that farm.
    I don't have much money but I can offer some if you have a huntable property you w old like to offer.
    A hunting club might work too if fees are reasonable.
    Thanks in advance "

If anyones got any advise for me, or a place to hunt. Im not really familiar with public land and how that works but have been doing some reading and could use some advice on how to use public land.
    Thanks guys!

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    my club is taking on members. i have no problem, helping you or anyone else that needs some good deer hunting land. we lease 4 thousand acers in the powellville area. i'll help you find your spots, hang stands,make shooting lanes and all that good stuff. $450 a year. deer and turkey hunting.

Feb 17, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hey Guys,
    Ive been a lurker on here for a long time now and really love this forum. Im really trying to get back into hunting and have been posting on craigslist to try and find a place to hunt. Here's my situation.

"I am a 27 year old USMC veteran looking for some land to hunt this and the coming years. I am polite and respectful hunter who hunts for the meat. It would be only me hunting so it does not need to be much property. Even if you only want the deer population lightly managed, I will take only a specified number of deer each year. I am especially safe and will not take any risks if I am not sure. I was a sniper in the Marines and am very discrete and careful to take well placed shots, ensuring the animal isn't only wounded. I also honor any/all requests by the landowners (e.g bow and arrow only).
    The last place I was able to hunt was between two neighborhoods (about 300yds) and I was entrusted to responsibly mange an overpopulation of deer. I only used bow, only shot on a downward angle from a tree stand, and only took shots that were within 30 yards. I was also asked to be discrete, and no one in either neighborhood knew I hunted there for the 3 years i was stationed near that farm.
    I don't have much money but I can offer some if you have a huntable property you w old like to offer.
    A hunting club might work too if fees are reasonable.
    Thanks in advance "

If anyones got any advise for me, or a place to hunt. Im not really familiar with public land and how that works but have been doing some reading and could use some advice on how to use public land.
    Thanks guys!

Whats going on Marine, Ive been posting on here lately looking for anyone looking to getting back into hunting, I have 35 acres and will help and teach anything that you wanna learn FREE of Charge. PM for details. I also have a facebook page called Lone Scout Survival Check it out!

Talkinguns

Belt-Fed
    Feb 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    my club is taking on members. i have no problem, helping you or anyone else that needs some good deer hunting land. we lease 4 thousand acers in the powellville area. i'll help you find your spots, hang stands,make shooting lanes and all that good stuff. $450 a year. deer and turkey hunting.
    Wow, you guys are great. I would have neer expected so many responses.
    Thats the first hunting club i've heard of that i can afford! Sign me up.

Whats going on Marine, Ive been posting on here lately looking for anyone looking to getting back into hunting, I have 35 acres and will help and teach anything that you wanna learn FREE of Charge. PM for details. I also have a facebook page called Lone Scout Survival Check it out!
    How can I get some more info? that sounds awesome

Thanks guys. I would have never thought i would get so many responses so quickly. :rockon:

Feb 17, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, you guys are great. I would have neer expected so many responses.
    Thats the first hunting club i've heard of that i can afford! Sign me up.

How can I get some more info? that sounds awesome

Thanks guys. I would have never thought i would get so many responses so quickly. :rockon:

Just PM me with anyquestions you may have! ill answer as best I can!

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    anyone that needs hunting land pm me. we would like 15 new members. we'll set up a date to go check it out. before the bugs come would be nice.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    you could go door knocking close to farms...Im sure some farmers would love to have the deer thinned...and they might not even charge you money!

tm12

Dec 22, 2012
    We've also been looking into hunting clubs (specifically deer hunting) for this year. There seem to be a wide range of fees (some $1500 +) and facilities. I was wondering if folks here had experience with specific clubs that they could recommend. We"re in Montgomery County, but willing to drive. This seemed like the most relevant place to post the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom