• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    My C&R expires in couple of months. Don't know whether I want to renew it or not as I have purchased most of the C&R firearms I wanted. Anyone know of any really cool firearms that will be getting the C&R designation in the future that would make me want to keep the license? Any other reasons to keep it besides up and coming (new to C&R) firearms?

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I'm sure that something will come along that catches your eye and when does do really want to have to say "I should have renewed my C&R)?

My C&R expires in couple of months. Don't know whether I want to renew it or not as I have purchased most of the C&R firearms I wanted. Anyone know of any really cool firearms that will be getting the C&R designation in the future that would make me want to keep the license? Any other reasons to keep it besides up and coming (new to C&R) firearms?

It isn't that expensive (besides time) to renew. Might be a pain in the arse if you have to truck down to an ATF office for review, but how often does that happen?

I know some Interarms Mausers will be graduating to C&R in the next decade or so (70's era), but that's a ways off. Plus the online places that give C&R holders discounts for non-C&R stuff.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The paperwork for renewal is slightly less than for application, I tried to renew, sent mine in a couple weeks before mine was up, 2 months later got a letter that they received it too late, and my license was expired, 3 months after that they refunded the fee, never got around to re-applying. I only bought 1 C&R, but the discounts were nice, basically fax or mail a copy to any place you deal with, and most have some type of "dealer discount".

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I plan to let mine expire in 3-4 months, shortly after I will reapply. MY G&R logbook is to big.

Does that mean there will be a massive number of Mosins available for a few months after your C&R expires. I better start saving my money now.:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Hell no! Gonna save face to wife and say I let it lapse to I stop buying new guns. She will be happy and thus be nice to me. I will then secretly reapply and use myups account to cover my evidence! ;)

Best part is I get to scrub my Logbook. Its getting kinda heavy.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Does that mean there will be a massive number of Mosins available for a few months after your C&R expires. I better start saving my money now.:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Nope, letting the C&R expire means you toss the book that keeps track of eveything ;)

It is almost like that gun show loophole :D

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I wouldn't let mine expire even temporarily. I'd hire a 17 year old German girl as a personal secretary to deal with my bound book if needed, but heck if i'd let it expire!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    After you let your C&R expire, SB-281 will be repealed, the 1964 Colt AR-15 Sporter will go C&R, and a few hundred will show up on Wideners for $599 each.

Just sayin'...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    After you let your C&R expire, SB-281 will be repealed, the 1964 Colt AR-15 Sporter will go C&R, and a few hundred will show up on Wideners for $599 each.

I lucked out last month and got one of the 1963 prototypes with my C&R for $799. Perfect reason to renew. :toothless

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    All sold out...

i__m_just_pulling_your_leg__by_leeyl-d5itag9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member