• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    My Supertuck-style IWB holster for my full-size RIA 1911 Tactical arrived in the mail today. I've been wearing the (unloaded) gun in the holster around the house, and I had to say something here because you guys are probably the only people I know who'll understand how $#^!ing awesome it feels :D

I actually think this works pretty well, with little to no printing. I have a pretty big chest and any untucked shirts I wear pretty naturally drape beneath my chest, so there's plenty of room to hide a concealed gun, even a 1911. Of course it doesn't matter for real, being in Maryland and all, but it's still fun to play around with.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    All right, here's where they're for sale. The holster I got looks most like the top one, except for a 1911 not a Ruger whatever that is. It's a double clip IWB holster made out of black leather. The gun seats into the holster with a satisfying click and then isn't going anywhere.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Going to DE today... can you say, "Concealed Carry" boys and girls... "I knew you could."

:)

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I've been wearing my 1911 around the house all day, and now that I'm having to go somewhere for dinner, I just took it off. Now I feel naked. :(

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    My Supertuck is for my Bersa compact .45, but is the same model for the Kahr CW9, and the 1911, all of which I have. (Yay for me).:)

Wear it around for a while,(empty, of course,:sad20:), and it will soften up and be even more comfortable. Oh, get a good belt, too.

MH

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Supertucks are the best. Have them for 1911's and all my XD's. Vert comfortable and good retentio with a good quality gun belt. I get the horse leather (tan) with the combat cut which makes for a very quick and smooth draw. Molded kydex retains it's shape for easy reholstering.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I don't know exactly what a gun belt is, but the belt I'm wearing in that pic above is an American-made 1.5" really thick leather belt. I got it at the Annapolis renaissance festival from the merchant who made it. It doesn't seem to have any problems coping with the weight of a 1911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom