• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I got a set of Trijicon HD Night Sights for my Springfield XD (.45ACP 4") for Christmas, and need to find somebody to install them. I first tried calling Gun Connection, who informed me they wouldn't do it, but referred me to a guy named Dave at Badgersmith Gunworks. I found some good reviews of the guy on this forum, so I sent him an email and left him a voicemail, but I haven't heard anything back for a few weeks now.

Is there anybody else in the Baltimore City vicinity that will do the installation? I'd be willing to drive a little ways for a good price and/or quick turnaround. I know that these sights can be a real pain to install, hence why I want a professional to do it, but I don't want to trust my handgun to somebody that can't return a message for weeks at a time.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Had the same problem and hate to upset you but they you will probably have to send the slide out

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    Not to take away from our local IP's, but I had done some research on this a while back when I first got my XDM. This guy (linked below) has good reviews and prices. I'll probably send him mine when I decide to put Meprolight's on my XDM45 (That is... unless I hear of someone local who does good work fast/cheap too).

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-hs2...eed-night-sights-installed-xd-hs2000-com.html

and

http://www.xd-hs2000.com/xd-hs2000/Sight_Instalation.html

Whichever way you decide to go, post some pictures of the new sights on your XD for us to see.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Horrible pain to install bro. I installed them on mine and actually broke the front sight off during install. I then had to torch the slide and hammer out the little piece left in the dovetail. Guerrilla gunsmithing. Best bet would be to either mail or drop off the slide at Hafers as they said they can do it.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I had called Springfield about 9 months ago. They said they could do it for if I remember correctly about $115 including the sights, but I would have to send them the slide. The XD sights are apparently a bear to take out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom