• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Also remember you may decide to get a conversion cylinder some day and that adds to the mix.

By the way, you can open carry in VA if you want if you are over, I think, 21....but I wouldn't carry the Colt repro for self defense though. I might however carry one if I ever get around to hunting.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust my life on a $200 replica of a 19th-Century pistol. I'll leave that to my Steyr.

Now, if I were going to challenge someone to a duel... a pair of BP pistols might fit the bill :gun3:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If you ever want to hunt with it get the 7.5.

The Rugers are accurate out to 50 yds. I was in a match recently where the final stage was shot at 50 yds. Can't say about any others.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Yeah, I figured as much. Are these guns (7.5") good out to 50 yds? There's a BP league at my local IWLA chapter. This might help me get into it.

I would imagine so but how much powder charge can it take? My Walker has a 9 inch barrel and from what I have read 8 inch groups at 100 isn't unheard of. (would be with me shooting it) Remember the longer the barrel the larger sight radius and that's a good thing. You also get more power since what would be unburned power in a short barrel is still working in a longer one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom