• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    I have been there twice in the last ten years. They have some interesting surplus but the biggest turn-off was the employees. They weren't just inattentive or bored, they were actually rude. I asked about a holster I had seen in their "Firearms News" advertisement and the guy behind the counter, who was eating a sandwich, told me that he didn't have time to look for one. I said that I had driven up from Maryland for the purpose of examining it before I made the purchase and his reply was that I should have just ordered it from their website and sent it back if I didn't like it. And he went back to eating his sandwich. Don't eat your lunch at the sales counter if you don't want pesky customers bothering you.

They also check your ID and won't sell any mags over ten rounds to Marylanders.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    They've cleaned up their act considerably since I visited last. Back then it was all plain wooden shelves with "stuff in bins"!
    Guns were behind the counter shown at the beginning only.
    What are they saying with the "collectors Items only" signs? are these somehow non fireable or something?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    When I was a PA resident I took a lot of business there and never needed a C&r at the show room.
    That being said, I’m not sure I would mother F&c someone just because they won’t sell to me.
    It makes me think if I was that worried about a license I would just get the one I need to perform the business I want to undertake not the one I expect a business to accept.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I have been there twice in the last ten years. They have some interesting surplus but the biggest turn-off was the employees. They weren't just inattentive or bored, they were actually rude. I asked about a holster I had seen in their "Firearms News" advertisement and the guy behind the counter, who was eating a sandwich, told me that he didn't have time to look for one. I said that I had driven up from Maryland for the purpose of examining it before I made the purchase and his reply was that I should have just ordered it from their website and sent it back if I didn't like it. And he went back to eating his sandwich. Don't eat your lunch at the sales counter if you don't want pesky customers bothering you.

They also check your ID and won't sell any mags over ten rounds to Marylanders.
    You're not the only one to mention their staff's indifference to walk-in customers. There was a time I did business with them when I was building FALs, Galils & BRENs and routinely got parts and kits from them. But had to fax my orders and requests to MG Dave as the regular sales staff was impossible to work with. You'd think things would improve over time but seems that's not the case.

Jul 1, 2012
    When I was a PA resident I took a lot of business there and never needed a C&r at the show room.
    That being said, I’m not sure I would mother F&c someone just because they won’t sell to me.
    It makes me think if I was that worried about a license I would just get the one I need to perform the business I want to undertake not the one I expect a business to accept.
    It's not just C&R licenses, they won't ship or sell a handgun to any MD FFL period. Unless something has changed.

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I've dealt with them since they were in NJ. Down hill from the their older roots. I had a letter from MD State Police for OK c&R transfers. No go for them. Not getting much these days, their lost. ( Wanted Argentine handgun, no, no, not happening)

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    When I was a Maryland resident they would not take my C&R for a C&R handgun nor sell me a magazine (face to face at their showroom). I have not forgotten so they do not get 1 penny of my North Carolina money either.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I really liked that video. I'd love to go there and see all that so I sent an Email on 4/1 asking for clarification on their polices before I decided to take the trip. As of today, no response. Below is what I asked them:

Hello,
    I recently viewed your showroom tour video and was impressed with what you had in the shop and was thinking about making a trip up your way to check things out. I read a few disturbing things on an online gun forum and the internet being the internet I thought I should ask about your policies before I made the trip.

I am a Maryland resident. Do you sell standard capacity magazines (>10 rounds) to Maryland residents? It's perfectly legal for us to own and us them, just can't buy/sell within the state.

Do you honor FFL 03's?

Do you ship handguns to Maryland FFL 02's?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I really liked that video. I'd love to go there and see all that so I sent an Email on 4/1 asking for clarification on their polices before I decided to take the trip. As of today, no response. Below is what I asked them:

Hello,
    I recently viewed your showroom tour video and was impressed with what you had in the shop and was thinking about making a trip up your way to check things out. I read a few disturbing things on an online gun forum and the internet being the internet I thought I should ask about your policies before I made the trip.

I am a Maryland resident. Do you sell standard capacity magazines (>10 rounds) to Maryland residents? It's perfectly legal for us to own and us them, just can't buy/sell within the state.

Do you honor FFL 03's?

Do you ship handguns to Maryland FFL 02's?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    You should have included a link to this thread, it might cause them to reconsider some of their policies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom