• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I don't feel like reading it, what's with colby?:)

According to the cameraman, he sucks. Originally the producers wanted a real gun professional to host, but no one good wanted to threaten their sponsorship deals. Instead they got Colby, a contestant from Survivor. :shrug:

Colby has a lot of executive control over the show and knows diddly about firearms. He actively tries to direct the show into a Survivor format. Most of the drama is manufactured in the editing booth. The shooting is real though.

Basically everything that sucks about the show is fake and manufactured by Colby. Everything that is good is the real deal. It could be a phenomenal show if they would let the competition develop on it’s own, but they cannot leave well enough alone.

Jack Gordon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2011
    Places Unknown
    According to the cameraman, he sucks. Originally the producers wanted a real gun professional to host, but no one good wanted to threaten their sponsorship deals. Instead they got Colby, a contestant from Survivor. :shrug:

Colby has a lot of executive control over the show and knows diddly about firearms. He actively tries to direct the show into a Survivor format. Most of the drama is manufactured in the editing booth. The shooting is real though.

Basically everything that sucks about the show is fake and manufactured by Colby. Everything that is good is the real deal. It could be a phenomenal show if they would let the competition develop on it’s own, but they cannot leave well enough alone.

I didn't know he was on survivor, that's lame..

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    My hatred for Jake is strong.

jake-worf.jpg

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston

I bet Ted Nugent would have hosted it!!!!

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    And here I thought being called a Ginger was a derogatory term.......

Who cares! That NY putz was even more annoying than Jake. I got tired of listening to his opinion about everything. He was supposed to be a "shotgun" guy, and he blew the shotgun challange.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    What got me was Michael picking Cliff to go against in the elimination. His reasoning seemed to be that the choice gave him 50/50 odds of winning (Assumed Cliff would win a pistol challenge, while Michael would win a long gun challenge.) Thought 50/50 was his best chance? Sounds like King of the Shotguns has come to Earth regarding his skills.

Would have been entertaining if the challenge had been long guns, and Cliff still won.

OTOH, would have been bad for the Red Team had they lost their ace-in-the-hole pistol shooter.

mdshooterguy2820

Aug 26, 2011
    Joppa, MD
    That is a very good link once you get past the initial intro.:thumbsup:

As suspected the drama is edited and the shooters are generally good people. Interesting about Colby.:tdown:

I actually work in television and as much as I try not to, venture into reality when the times are tough. Just know this, it doesn't matter how much of a great person you are or how much of a jerk you are, the editors can make anyone seem to be someone they are not. On a typical reality show there are 5 cameras shooting for 12 hours a day trying to make a 30 min show. So that's 60 hours of raw footage to squeeze into 30 mins. I could take the snippets of Ghandi all day and still make him look like a jerk, especially when I follow up the action of someone with the reaction of someone else that is not even from the same scene, but makes it look like it. Reality TV is anything but.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Anyone see the set of balls on Jake tonight?

Big mike is big, but seems like a puss. I'd put my fighting money on jake. Plus, according to jake, he's just trying to soak up a punch to get rid of mike. Can't say it's a bad tactic, if he thinks mike can outshoot him. I don't get why jake would be so outspoken about trying to send the best home. It just invites the whole house to conspire against jake...although getting in to their head and making them nervous about, "being the one that sends jake home" could build extra pressure and aid in them f'in up in a competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom