• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    Looks like I need to order a part. The small retaining clip on the slide retainer of my Zastava M57 broke off.

Here is my broken piece (cell phone pics are terrible)

M57slidestop1.jpg

M57slidestop2.jpg

And here is an intact part, pic taken off gunbroker. Notice that there is a small clip missing entirely from my slide retainer.
    pix597219531.jpg

Really stinks because I was literally days from putting this firearm up for sale/trade/auction. There is nothing else wrong with it, I just wanted to swap it for some other interesting pistol to take to the range. Now its time to become Mr. Fixit. Luckily for me this is one of the interchangeable parts between the TT-33 and the M57.

Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    It looks like the internal tab on the slide stop broke off. That won't affect anything except that the slide will not lock back on an empty magazine. (That part doesn't retain the slide stop; the slide stop retainer clip on the right side does.)

Jim

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    The pics aren't loading cause I'm at work but if it's the slide stop itself those are easily found. If it's the slide stop retainer clip then might want to try finding a very small e-clip. I've thought about this myself because my brother's slide retainer clip is broke but he has yet to take my suggestion to try it.

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    The pics aren't loading cause I'm at work but if it's the slide stop itself those are easily found. If it's the slide stop retainer clip then might want to try finding a very small e-clip. I've thought about this myself because my brother's slide retainer clip is broke but he has yet to take my suggestion to try it.

It can be repaired, but I'd be happier with a new slide stop. They are cheap and easy to find.

One thing I have not been able to find that I'd like are new magazine springs for the Yugoslavian 9 round mags. They are 50+ year old springs in there.

Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    I have never known springs to wear out or weaken from just sitting around. Before you spend money on new mag springs, try the gun and see if you need them.

(FWIW, springs in WWII U.S. GI magazines are better than those in some new - and costly - magazines.)

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom