• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianluck

village idiot
    May 28, 2009
    lansdowne
    as usual the gun show was a joke, one funny thing i saw, one dealer was charging $1 to hold a desert eagle. i imagine it does get old pulling that thing out for every clown that passes by but never dreams of buying it. had two guns i was looking for a walther ppq and a rugar gp-100 didn't see either at the show. but made a trip to continental right after for some shooting. nice people their and my sister walked out a few hundred lighter after a sig caught her eye

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I think the one I saw at just guns was either 520 or high 400's.

Don't think neither was totally outrageous or I would have remembered them a lot better. Bel airs table was swamped so I didn't get a good look..

I'll bet white marsh arms also had a gp100 too. They were so packed full of people we pretty much avoided that isle.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    OK, that was me selling the oranges! Precision Firearms, Mark Hostetter, Guilty as accused! Oranges at a gun show - that has got to be a first! Explanation for leniency before judgment - My family and I went to Florida about 10 days ago to pick-up a new trailer that we had custom built. I didn't like the idea of towing it back empty, so I pick-upped 3 skids of oranges, grapefruit and tangerines to share out among our friends and family. We had several cases extra and since we would be leaving for the SHOT show in Las Vegas this week, we decided to sell some at the show to get rid of them. They were very good Honeybell's and actually we sold 3 boxes of them and gave the rest away to vendors and my help. Waste not, want not.

Was wondering about that

On a side note, when you get back from the shot show, drop me a pm. I am interested in a lightweight upper for a build I'm doing for my fiance, nothing fancy, just a bear bones flat top 16" I would like to have the M4 feed ramps. I stopped to talk to you on Saturday, but you were swamped and I'm not in a rush for this

Thanks

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I went yesterday afternoon with my girlfriend. It was the first show I have been to in a few years and her first ever. No deals to be had and lots of over priced items. I usually don't mind the vendors selling things such as jerky, knives and jewelry. I figure something for everyone. On the way home I stopped by The Gun Shop in Essex and filled out the paperwork on a Ruger P95.

Feb 17, 2009
    Bought the last mini 14 from shooters discount for my buddys dad,also picked up some rem. 597 mags,for some reason there was a pin in each of them :innocent0

I had an absolute great experience talking AND doing buisness with the folks from James River Armory. Friendly, courteous, knowledgable and acted like they want your buisness unlike some other vendors I won't mention. And yes, the speaker guy has to go but, like others have said I think the show is headed in the right direction. Seems more like what a gun show should be recently, hopefully they continue to improve.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    Where was 9mm bulk at $15? Walmart has White box for $22.97 as of the day before yesterday.

Both the Mt Airy and Eldersburg Wallyworlds had Remmington 250 round packs for around $75.

I stopped by TopHat and found the cheaper ammo - thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

However there was a distinct lack of reloading supplies (very little in the way of bullets and I saw NO powder).

ETA: My 13 year old son though the Gun Show was cool, but asked why there were so many Airsoft vendors selling 'the crap stuff'?

Last edited:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Both the Mt Airy and Eldersburg Wallyworlds had Remmington 250 round packs for around $75.

I stopped by TopHat and found the cheaper ammo - thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

However there was a distinct lack of reloading supplies (very little in the way of bullets and I saw NO powder).

ETA: My 13 year old son though the Gun Show was cool, but asked why there were so many Airsoft vendors selling 'the crap stuff'?

FYI: Gettysburg, PA show is Jan 28 & 29.:)

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I had an absolute great experience talking AND doing buisness with the folks from James River Armory. Friendly, courteous, knowledgable and acted like they want your buisness unlike some other vendors I won't mention. And yes, the speaker guy has to go but, like others have said I think the show is headed in the right direction. Seems more like what a gun show should be recently, hopefully they continue to improve.

Except they claim their stuff is original when it is not. Kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Taking the place of Beef Jerky and tube socks. They were a sunny Delight. Sorry I missed out on the Grapefruits.

Did you notice the girl with the big ones??? That's where two of them went.

Except they claim their stuff is original when it is not. Kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Were the people at JRA claiming the stuff that they refinished/rebuilt with commercial finish and/or commercial parts as original USGI??? If so, that's downright fraud.:sad20:

I hope they claim original USGI guns rebuilt by them with commercial finish and/or commercial parts mixed in. That's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom