• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I think I have narrowed down my rifle models down to either the Rem700 or the Tikka T3x Lite Compact 1:8 twist, leaning more on the Tikka.

I like that on other forums, people really like the accuracy and the lighter weight of the Tikka with the Compact 20" barrel.

Where or which stores carry the Tikka lines near Frederick...?
    I am able to find plenty of T3 models, but not the newer T3x models.

thanks for your help!

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    I have a T3 and love it. When I was shopping for mine what I was finding is any dealer that sells beretta can get them but the problem is they are mostly limited to what they are able to obtain from the wholesaler/distributor. Not every model and caliber listed on tikka's site is available in the US. I would suggest keeping an eye on some of these distributors/wholesalers checking back often to see when the t3x starts getting available here. Then have your local ffl dealer order it for you.

http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm.gun-dealers-distributors.html

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I am not sure that the t3x models have hit the shelves yet. I had originally heard May, so it should be soon.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Too many horror stories about the newer Remingtons for my taste. Tikka all the way for me.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Davidsons (gallery of guns), sports south, and lipsey's all have listing for the t3x. Any ffl should be able to order from those wholesale distributors.

mancheechee: looks like lipsy's has a listing for the light compact in .223, 22-250, .243, .308, .204, & 7mm-08. Though their site has this disclaimer "This item is in the Lipsey's Catalog, but it does not mean that it is currently in-stock. Please contact a Lipsey's Dealer to order.". If anything it at least gets you the manufacturer's model numbers for the gun you are looking for.

The t3x ctr in 6.5cred looks like it might have some potential.

https://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=Beretta&family=Tikka+T3+Series&type=Rifle

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I picked up a T3 Superlight in 30.06 at Cabela's last year. Threw a $130 Nikon on top. Only shot it once in the field and brought home dinner.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Listed, but not in stock

They just launched in the US at the NRA meeting a week or so ago. I am hopeful that since now that they are listed on the site that they will be in stock soon.

I did read on the Tikka Shooters forum that the pre order CTRs in 6.5 Credmoor did not make it on the first ship and won't be in until the shipment in July. Not sure if that is all CTRs or just those from the pre order.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    They just launched in the US at the NRA meeting a week or so ago. I am hopeful that since now that they are listed on the site that they will be in stock soon.

I did read on the Tikka Shooters forum that the pre order CTRs in 6.5 Credmoor did not make it on the first ship and won't be in until the shipment in July. Not sure if that is all CTRs or just those from the pre order.

YEah, I got in on that pre-order. I was also one of the guys who posted on SH when I found about the July crap. Initially, we were told "end of May" :rolleyes:

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Davidsons (gallery of guns), sports south, and lipsey's all have listing for the t3x. Any ffl should be able to order from those wholesale distributors.

mancheechee: looks like lipsy's has a listing for the light compact in .223, 22-250, .243, .308, .204, & 7mm-08. Though their site has this disclaimer "This item is in the Lipsey's Catalog, but it does not mean that it is currently in-stock. Please contact a Lipsey's Dealer to order.". If anything it at least gets you the manufacturer's model numbers for the gun you are looking for.

The t3x ctr in 6.5cred looks like it might have some potential.

https://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=Beretta&family=Tikka+T3+Series&type=Rifle

I'll check that out!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was looking at the TK3 tactical on line tonight . Really like this rifle. But why doesn't it have a threaded barrel ??
    Well I was wrong ! I just found 1 with a threaded barrel.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Well I'm to be corrected !! I just found 1 with a threaded barrel !! May be my next purchase :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom