• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Just a reminder there is an IDPA match at 2:00pm at Thurmont Conservation and Sportsmans Club. New shooter orientation is at 12:00pm in the club house.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Info from thre TCSC Match Director:

A couple of fun twists:

1) The theme for the regular match will be an “out of your element” day. Bring a gun you don’t normally shoot in the match and see how you do. If you’ve only got one gun, email me back – if I get a few of you, I’ll put you in contact with each other, so you can trade up for the day to be “out of your element.” A friend of mine I used to do martial arts with used to once a quarter train at a different dojo. He called these his “out of his element” days, and he said it kept him on his toes. Shooting with a gun you don’t normally use will do the same.

2) There will be a side rifle match after the regular IDPA match. Rules for this are pretty simple: Bring any repeating rifle (no single-shots or muzzle loaders) that is safe and serviceable. There will be five stages, and no stage will exceed 18 rounds. Cost for the side match will be $5 AND a commitment to stay till the bitter end until all the infrastructure is back in the connex, all the brass picked up, and all the trash hauled to the dumpster.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    looking forward to the rifle match.:thumbsup:

I have no idea what I am going to bring for the "out of the element" match, gotta see what I have IDPA legal holsters for.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I hope I can make it, but won't know for sure until the day before.

Will it be okay for me to skip the "out of your element" thing and stick with my M&P 9mm?

Actually I'd welcome a chance to swap with someone using a Glock, in order to try one out, but like I said, I might not even make it. (Have to see what's up at work that day.) So I wouldn't want to commit to swapping with someone else.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Will it be okay for me to skip the "out of your element" thing and stick with my M&P 9mm?

I don't think it's "mandatory", just a way to give the match a twist.

Unfotunatekly it looks like I'm going to miss this one. My wife is having surgery that day.

Be safe, have fun, and someone get some pics. :D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I actually would like to swap with someone in order to try out a Glock, but I wouldn't want to commit to it if I'm not absolutely certain I can play hookey that day.

My 1911 is just a range gun- I don't have a holster for it, and only have two seven round mags.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    BUMP...

Thurmont IDPA Match October 20th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just a reminder there is an IDPA match at 2:00pm at Thurmont Conservation and Sportsmans Club. New shooter orientation is at 12:00pm in the club house.

1) The theme for the regular match will be an “out of your element” day. Bring a gun you don’t normally shoot in the match and see how you do. If you’ve only got one gun, email me back – if I get a few of you, I’ll put you in contact with each other, so you can trade up for the day to be “out of your element.” A friend of mine I used to do martial arts with used to once a quarter train at a different dojo. He called these his “out of his element” days, and he said it kept him on his toes. Shooting with a gun you don’t normally use will do the same.

2) There will be a side rifle match after the regular IDPA match. Rules for this are pretty simple: Bring any repeating rifle (no single-shots or muzzle loaders) that is safe and serviceable. There will be five stages, and no stage will exceed 18 rounds. Cost for the side match will be $5 AND a commitment to stay till the bitter end until all the infrastructure is back in the connex, all the brass picked up, and all the trash hauled to the dumpster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom