• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Anyone ever been? I was thinking of taking the Ishy out for some Milsurp target fun.

This year's date are:
    March 7
    May 9
    July 4
    August 29

Match fee: $10.00 per competitor ($5.00 per round).

The first round will be for Mosin Nagant rifles with issue iron sights, using surplus, factory or reloaded ammunition. Targets shall be NRA SR and SR-1. The course of fire will be:

10 rounds sitting at 100 yards
    10 rounds offhand (standing) at 100 yards
    10 rounds shooting off of the bench at 200 yards (no rests allowed, only elbows on the bench

Aggregate target scores will be used to determine first place prize winners for Mosin and Military rounds.

The military rifle round will be for single shot, bolt action or semiautomatic military rifles with issue iron sights, using surplus, factory or reloaded ammunition. The course of fire and scoring will be the same as the Mosin round.

Mosin Matches

jorjohn11

Feb 26, 2006
    Anne Arundel County
    Yeah we are going as of right now. My grandson may go also but I think it'll depend on what his report card looks like. I think my nephew is going to try out my K98, he didn't like the mosin too well. Haven't heard from my son since he got his latest girlfriend. I contacted him about joining the high power team posted here, but he's been awol lately.

TWolf

Apr 1, 2008
    Frederick County
    I only made it to one of those matches last year. It was a lot of fun and a great bunch of guys. The guy that organizes it actually works right down the hall from me and never knew it until I contacted him via email about the match.

There are usually loaners for people that don't have Mosins (yet) and ammo can be purchased cheap. If you don't have a military rifle you can borrow the Mosin and shoot it in both rounds.

The first match is March 7 and I unfortunately won't be able to make it. The 8th is my brithday (5-0, ouch) and I have plans that weekend but I have my sights on the May match.

TWolf

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    TC and SC Mosin Match

Twolf

I work in Bldg 225 (zip 20899)

seems the shooting sports world is getting smaller all the time.

See you at one of the TCandSC matches

Richard

TWolf

Apr 1, 2008
    Frederick County
    Twolf

I work in Bldg 225 (zip 20899)

seems the shooting sports world is getting smaller all the time.

See you at one of the TCandSC matches

Richard

Richard,

The one match I made it to was in May last year. Not sure if you were there or not but I remember there was quite a showing of us from 20899. We ought to form a shooting team.

Hope to see you this year. Most likely May.

TW

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom