• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poppop02

Nov 14, 2012
    Severn
    I am looking to get my first 1911 and have been looking at the Ruger SR1911CMD any thoughts or suggestions for a first time buy of a 1911

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I think it is a fine pistol. I overpaid for one online since they were hard to get, but I hear that some local dealers here have sold some and wrote SR1911 which is on the frame on the MSP paperwork (SR1911CMD isn't on the list yet but a petition was submitted to the MD Handgun Roster Board for its model number.)

It has a light firing pin to prevent firing when dropped, instead of a Colt Series 80 style arrangement which can impact trigger feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrXbemyQhog

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Didnt think the Commander version was on the Roster yet. You may end up with a gun in limbo if it is not!

You can submit a gun to MD State for review, but the replacement value if they F it up is something ridiculous (like $150).

poppop02

Nov 14, 2012
    Severn
    I couldn't find any on the internet. did the Gun Connection have them in stock or did the order ir for you. If I may ask the cost here at a local shop?

arbrand

Jan 21, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    The SR1911 is a great gun in my opinion. I have wanted one since my first time shooting it. The gun is really easy for me to shoot nice groups with as compared to my SR9 which I find much less fun to shoot.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I couldn't find any on the internet. did the Gun Connection have them in stock or did the order ir for you. If I may ask the cost here at a local shop?

Gun Connection had it in the case. I didn't need it but I couldn't just leave it there LOL. Seen them at Freestate also. I think pricing was in the mid 7's

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Didnt think the Commander version was on the Roster yet. You may end up with a gun in limbo if it is not!

You can submit a gun to MD State for review, but the replacement value if they F it up is something ridiculous (like $150).

They only required a paperwork-only submittal for the SR1911CMD. She had checked with the board members first with regard to its similarity with the SR1911. Does anyone know if they did meet this past week?

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    The Model on the SR1911CMD is the same as the Model on the SR1911.

My SR1911CMD that I just picked up from Atlantic Guns last Saturday

has a Model of "SR1911".

This model is already covered by the current Roster Board

Last edited:

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Maryland Handgun Roster says

Manufacturer Model Model Number Caliber

Sturm Ruger SR 1911 6700 .45 Auto

Ruger's websites says

Catalog Number: SR1911CMD | Model Number: 6702 | Caliber: 45 Auto

They seem different to me. MSP said a petition was needed.

poppop02

Nov 14, 2012
    Severn
    Thanks for the feedback. I finally made my mind up and am getting the SR11911CMD and I am getting from my son-in-law his Sig 1911 GSR compact.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I might sell mine to fund an AR purchase. It's new with just 50rds thru it. Pm

16 more posts and you can offer it for sale here.

Bypassing, or trying to bypass, the 50 post requirement can have "unfavorable" results. ;)

CDR

Honor,Courage,Commitment
    Mar 4, 2012
    Frederick County
    Found that Gunrunners.com from Anchorage, AK had one listed on their website for $750.00. I bought a regular SR1911 from them last year and had it transferred to my LGS. Easy folks to work with from my standpoint. They also had another standard SR1911 listed for $699.00.

Also Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine has the standard SR1911 listed and a quantity of 19 available at $699.00. You have to select shop the backpage or backdoor link on their home page and then select Ruger and browse the selections. They are good folks too.

CDR

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A MD shop had one week ago. I won't mention the shop since they are not an IP, but you can PM me for the name. FWIW, I found mine at Constitutional in Laurel about a week ago. Not sure how often they get them in though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom