• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRBENJR

Jan 5, 2011
    Odenton, MD
    Anyone purchased a C&R weapon from SOG? If so what kind of experience did you have with them? Just currious as I'm considering ordering a P1 from them.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yes, bought my CZ-82 and Polish TT-33 from them. No problems, although they're a bit on the slow side with order processing.

StraightArrow88

May 22, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I've gotten a Finnish M39 and a Czech vz24 from Southern Ohio Gun. They haven't done me wrong yet. Like erwos said, they can take a few days to process an order, especially if you requested a hand select. But the two rifles I got are in great shape, and they're not far away so shipping takes 2-3 days at the most.

endsjustifymeans

Sep 21, 2011
    Overlea/Hamilton
    I've just made a purchase from them. my guns arrive today so I'll describe merchandise quality in another post but I can offer you this:

1. They were willing to hand pick me a P1 with a hex pin support. AIM won't even guarantee you a hex pin. So that was a major plus.
    2. They were quick, courteous and informative with their emails.
    3. The prices you see on their site are cash prices, if you pay by credit card items cost slightly more than shown. Like 3-5% I think.
    4. They ship quickly but are slowish with sending our tracking. I just got my tracking yesterday and the guns arrive today. Order was placed on Tuesday.
    5. Shipping was very reasonable, they do second day on handguns and ground on long guns. Both are arriving on the same day for me.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I've picked up quite a bit of stuff from SOG. Other reports here are true, in my experience. This is one vendor with whom the extra 10 buck for hand picking makes a big difference, as well as talking on the phone -- that has always produced excellent results for me.

They screwed up a couple of orders for me, but promptly and graciously made things right. I think their shipping charges are a little high, and I'd like them to be more transparent ab out them as well... YMMV

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I have ordered a lot of firearms and ammo from them. Everything has been beyond expectations except for one rifle was kind of dumpy. They said no problem, just send it back we will refund your account.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    3 C&R and 1 Cetme which I later discovered to have had the bolt ground down. Within 30 days I wanted to return it and it was handled professionally. No problems ever.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I bought a Garand from them, last year sometime when they had them cheap.
    It looked like it was put away WET. When I pulled the action out of the wood the top of the barrel/Chamber was pitted. Not just a little but deep. I sent it back and received a refund no questions asked. I did have to eat shipping both ways.

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    They are good, you can call and get a hold of someone human there. They are a little slow on processing orders because they physically process your CC I guess to check for errors or they just don't have a online CC Authorization system in place.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just cleaning and inspecting a CZ 82 that arrived today from SOG. No complaints whatsoever. It was in better condition than I expected, processed/delivered fast, well packaged, etc... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I have always had nothing but good stuff from SOG...
    doesnt matter if it was C&r firearms or ammo it was delivered quicky and always good stuff..
    and they are real nice on the phone,,, even during their crazy wild card day december sale they have always been real nice and courteous, didnt seem stresed out or angry or anything...
    I like SOG bunches

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I have purchased a few guns from them and had nothing but pleasant experiences. I even had to return a pistol that was mechanically fubar and they took it back and shipped me a better one without question. Buy with confidence.

JRBENJR

Jan 5, 2011
    Odenton, MD
    Received my P1 yesterday. It's in excelent condition, and it only took one week from when the order was placed, to when I received it. Next on my list is a M1 Carbine. :-)

tru3607lou

Dusty MP
    Sep 26, 2011
    Fredneck
    I just tried to buy a CZ82 from SOG and was told by a sales rep that it would not ship until I sent them a copy of my "hi -cap permit". I tried to explain that I though they were confusing Maryland with California, but the rep said she checked with her manager and she needed a hi-cap permit from me. Since I am not aware of any hi-cap permit in the state of Maryland, I can cancelled my order. Am I out of my mind here, or are they? It looks like you guys have had good results from them...:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom