• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I used to have one of the Kovrov built ones. I bought it years ago when they were very inexpensive and it never impressed me. It sat in the safe until years later when I sold it at a much higher price. For the amount of money that they now cost, you're not missing anything.

EMS Burnout

Oct 10, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Purchased one more than 10 years ago. I liked how it looked and I had plenty of surplus ammo. It is still in the safe but doesn't get that much range time. For a few dollars more I found my M1 Garand more fun to shoot.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Combloc-in the last two years, it's been discovered that Kovrov never made SVT's. They were made at factory 460 in Podolsk.
    Definitely doesn't sound as cool as Kovrov :D

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    SVT40s are $300 all day long in Canada

And that's what they should cost.

Yeah but Russian SKSs are ~$150 in Canada. Thats what ALL imported arms here SHOULD cost.

SVTs follow a similar pricing increment here. I have an SVT40 and I like it a lot. Their use was short lived for several reasons (war interrupted production and the SKS and AK were developed soon after.) Price is similar to a new vepr in 54R (or any other semi-auto in that caliber.) Where you think its worth the price or not depends on how much you value the history, aesthetics, etc. Lots of rare arms, cars, coins, etc are priced more then their inherent worth. Thats the nature of the beast.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just to be clear, I wasn't bashing the SVT-40at all. I'd love to have one. I was more bashing the import ban (I think it was Clinton that put that in place). If we could get Russian SKS/SVT40 for basically Mosin prices here, I'd have a crates full of them.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Just to be clear, I wasn't bashing the SVT-40at all. I'd love to have one. I was more bashing the import ban (I think it was Clinton that put that in place). If we could get Russian SKS/SVT40 for basically Mosin prices here, I'd have a crates full of them.

Actually, the first import ban (of semi automatics) was enacted in July 1989 under George HW Bush. It was extended to include newly manufactured arms under the 1994 Crime Bill (Clinton).

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Today I took my 1944 Tula SVT and shot a box of Czech light and heavy ball at 100 yards. I should of shot at a different target for the rifle did not like the heavy ball and the group opened up. I'm very happy with the rifle but it is jamamatic and the trigger doesn't always reset after each shot.

It's like the yellow boy rifle slogan. You can shoot on Sunday and clean all day Monday.

Attachments

• svttarget.jpg
      svttarget.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 237

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom