• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    I have a bit of a love affair with CZ bolt actions with wood stocks, however all of mine are legacy models (550, 557, 527, and 455). I don't know too much about the 600 besides the recall issues they had when they first came out, and there seems to be very little info out there on the internet about the ST1 American variant. I'm lusting pretty hard after one in .223. What do you all think? I'm happy to be a guinea pig if you all want me to snag one and then report back about how it is!

For reference, this is the model I'm thinking of getting: https://www.budsgunshop.com/product...3+remington+20+threaded+barrel+walnut+5+round

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have a bit of a love affair with CZ bolt actions with wood stocks, however all of mine are legacy models (550, 557, 527, and 455). I don't know too much about the 600 besides the recall issues they had when they first came out, and there seems to be very little info out there on the internet about the ST1 American variant. I'm lusting pretty hard after one in .223. What do you all think? I'm happy to be a guinea pig if you all want me to snag one and then report back about how it is!

For reference, this is the model I'm thinking of getting: https://www.budsgunshop.com/product...3+remington+20+threaded+barrel+walnut+5+round
    Like all the mainstream manufacturers who ran their mouths over the last few years about selling barrels and controlling manufacturing tolerances close enough that you could order barrels from them, cz walked it.right back and then initiated the recall to make the barrels permanently installed. I am a cz pistol fan but I have no use for their rifles after the 550/527 range.

I called BS when a couple friends in the industry told me all the stuff about the 600 before it hit the market. Turns out they bombed even harder than I called.

Buy a Tikka or a sako if you want a decent factory rifle. If you want something better, build it or buy it from a reputable smith.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Like all the mainstream manufacturers who ran their mouths over the last few years about selling barrels and controlling manufacturing tolerances close enough that you could order barrels from them, cz walked it.right back and then initiated the recall to make the barrels permanently installed. I am a cz pistol fan but I have no use for their rifles after the 550/527 range.

I called BS when a couple friends in the industry told me all the stuff about the 600 before it hit the market. Turns out they bombed even harder than I called.

Buy a Tikka or a sako if you want a decent factory rifle. If you want something better, build it or buy it from a reputable smith.
    What do you think about the Blaser R8? I think a straight pull bolt action would be really cool. I have a Browning T bolt which is fun but I would have rather had it in .22LR than .22WMR.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    What do you think about the Blaser R8? I think a straight pull bolt action would be really cool. I have a Browning T bolt which is fun but I would have rather had it in .22LR than .22WMR.
    Shot a couple. Never owned one personally. They really benefit from a good polish job. Merkel is nicer.

A note on the Blaser specifically: they CAN fire short of "full" bolt engagement, usually due to improperly sized cases in reloads. If you reload, be absolutely sure of sufficient sizing to achieve a non-interference fit in the chamber. Use datum gauges. The bolt handle has relatively low camming force due to its design and will feel like it is fully in battery when it is in fact stopped short by a case interference fit in the chamber. Unlike a more conventional bolt action, the blaser needs to have some clearance (similar to a lever action or Farquarson).

The browning Tbolt is a sweet gun. Look into the Russian biathlon .22 actions if you want to grab yourself a sweet straight pull. An hour with some polish and a Dremel will do wonders.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.

+1 for Tikka’s

Have a T3x Super Varmint in .223 that shoots very nicely. Would buy again if something happened to it. Fantastic trigger, too!

d668455151d5a6287f0be99dd3d4f4c4.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    +1 for Tikka’s

Have a T3x Super Varmint in .223 that shoots very nicely. Would buy again if something happened to it. Fantastic trigger, too!

Tikka Tikka, Tikka Choo! I love mine, need to shoot it more.

1710525396055.jpeg

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    +1 for Tikka’s

Had a couple. Seen a lot of them in classes. They shoot.

Just had a client with a tac a1 in 308 last week. He was worried about the groups and initially blamed the ammo. I popped 3 out of it. All three holes lapped over. Center to center under .4" I suggested that we work on his bag management and trigger manipulation a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom