• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Got two new firearms this week... happened upon a Ruger 10/22 Takedown, and won a karma gun from VW Turbo. The old single shot .22 that I'd never heard of before worked like a charm, had great fun blasting rounds downrange with it. Worked flawlessly.

The Ruger 10/22 TD shot five rounds, then failed to fire. Trigger wasn't working. Helpful FSG employee spent some time with it who stated he was very knowledgeable with 10/22's couldn't figure it out. I'm not gunsmith, going to call Ruger tomorrow and probably send it back. Oh well. Hopefully they'll pay for the shipping. Always a shame when a new firearm doesn't work... almost want to just sell this thing once its fixed, but I'll give it another shot.

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    I had a similar issue with my m1, would feed every other round and was striking light. Sent it to the mfg and they resolved the issue. They paid for shipping as well. It is disappointing with a new gun but as long as the maker will fix the problem w/o issue I'm ok with that! Good luck! Hopefully they get you squared away. Being ruger I'm sure they will take care of you!

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I am sorry to hear that , I have a 10/22 that I bought used years ago and I recently got a 10/22 Take down for my son and we have run thousands of rounds through both without a hiccup.
    I am sure Ruger will do well by you if you send it back.
    DocAitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom