• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    I have bought a lot of .22 from Fred's its 10 per hundred or 3.99 per box of fifty.

Put down the pipe, step away from the computer.

Not saying you are wrong, but let me get this right. You pay ~$0.08 per round for 50 rounds, but you pay ~$0.10 per round for 100. That doesn't make much sense; its backwards.

I have been to Fred's range once. It's a nice set up and the people there were very friendly. Having said that, it is pretty expensive for just a day at the range. It really sucked since I went when they were limiting ammo to 1 box per person at the range on top of the no outside ammo policy they have. I probably won't go back.

Scott Jr

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    The new Md. Small Arms Range is a nice facility and is busy on the weekends which is when most people want to shoot. Week days are much better if you don't want to wait. Their prices are reasonable and the employees are helpful. If you are want to shoot rifles, this is the place to go as they have two separate 50 yard rifle ranges. They are making new improvements every day and I am sure they will be posting range rules, just as they were at the old location. They also have a retail store on the 2nd floor which is worth checking out.

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    MG a dirt road, porta Jon, shotgun range archery range, 8 rifle/ handgun lanes. They provide wooden target holders and clothes pins. Brass everywhere . 5$ daily permit

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    The customer service is terrible every time I've been there. I thought it would be different if I went back another time, but nothing changes with them. I will not be going back again. I've heard this from a lot of people over the years. Not to mention it costs $100+ to enjoy a day of target shooting. The ammo log incident doesn't sit well with me either. Fred's needs a new location, new owner, and all new employees IMHO.

I totally agree with you on the pricing, I spent $70 more dollars more than I would have if I went to the NRA range.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    I have bought a lot of .22 from Fred's its 10 per hundred or 3.99 per box of fifty.

Put down the pipe, step away from the computer.

If you read a later post I did mention that I was overhearing this. So I misheard, but honestly, $10/ 100 and 3.99/ 50 doesn't quite add up, maybe you are the one with the pipe. Someone else reported basically the same as you and I said I was happy to hear that.

I complimented them on their range and even gave good reasons to use it over MSAR if you happen to be local like I am.

I went just over a week ago, shot 2 boxes of .45, whole trip cost me .50-1.00 in gas plus 15 range fee and 27+ tax per box: total $73 . Same amount of ammo at home cost me $43 plus going to MSAR about $10 in gas plus $20 Range fee: total would have been $73. Only difference would have been my time spent going all the way to MSAR over Fred's. Had I shot more then there would have been more of a $ discrepancy and it would have made MSAR more affordable. I total the overall cost of going to the range when I decide if it's affordable or not. That is why I like going to MG, because it's only $5 and if I go on a non busy day then I can stay as long as I want. Costs me maybe $5 in gas. BTW all my gas numbers are based upon my personal vehicle's MPG and round trip miles.

Fred's has a nice range facility. They have good target machines. The service at the range has been good for me thus far. I have had bad experience with the customer service from the gun counter side as far as the arrogant attitude they displayed which is many people's complaint about them.

Never personally been logged for ammo purchases as afar as I know buy I only bought 1 box from them that wasn't shot at their range and I am used to small businesses asking for a telephone number for putting you in their customer database, they did this over at american hardware but I didn't think that they were reporting to MSP that I bought a hammer. That said I hadn't heard about the ammo log thing at the time and they ask for your phone number for customer database purposes at the range side of things.

I think it's nice to have a convenient shooting range in Waldorf where I can shoot on the weekdays when I get off work if I want to, but I would rather take a day off and go to MG. SPSC rates may be reasonable for what they offer, but honestly I don't think I shoot often enough for it to be worth my while. Maybe I would if I was a member idk, but I don't currently and thus when I look at the expense I can't justify it to my meager bank account.

Mar 4, 2013
    Not saying you are wrong, but let me get this right. You pay ~$0.08 per round for 50 rounds, but you pay ~$0.10 per round for 100. That doesn't make much sense; its backwards.

I have been to Fred's range once. It's a nice set up and the people there were very friendly. Having said that, it is pretty expensive for just a day at the range. It really sucked since I went when they were limiting ammo to 1 box per person at the range on top of the no outside ammo policy they have. I probably won't go back.

Scott Jr

they were 2 different brands of .22, they dont sell the same brand in box and bag, that would make less sense as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom