• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    Since I know there are a few of us out there waiting on parts for our AR-15's that are back ordered beyond the end of time I figured I'd start this up to see where everyone stands. Stick to the format.

Parts on back order:
    Barrel - DPMS 16" 1x9" Twist, AP4 Contour Chrome lining added
    BCG - DPMS (standard BCG)

Pictures:
    IMG_2077.jpg

6-Speed

Mar 9, 2009
    MD
    I have my RRA complete lowers with the stage 2 trigger at my house. My lefty upper is on back order...I'm going to start ordering all my accessories though. That way when I do get it, I'm out the door to the range!

EDIT: I'll get pictures when I get home...

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    sje, i see you're going to have to headspace your own barrel. i'm afraid to do it (i don't want it to kaboom!) and i dont have a go/nogo gauge set so i've just simply bought a complete upper for my CMMG lower build, but i think i want to try to assemble my own upper for this LRB lower. any tips for a beginner?

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    Thanks Eddie, but that's not mine. Mine is the case that appears empty. Currently it holds only a wish.:sad20:

Edit. I think I fixed it.

Last edited:

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    sje, i see you're going to have to headspace your own barrel. i'm afraid to do it (i don't want it to kaboom!) and i dont have a go/nogo gauge set so i've just simply bought a complete upper for my CMMG lower build, but i think i want to try to assemble my own upper for this LRB lower. any tips for a beginner?
    Well i thought so too. However, I was talking to Dan at GC and he said that since the barrel and upper receiver are made by the same company and within the same tolerances I wouldn't have to worry about it. I was asking him if he could headspace mine for me but he doesn't have the gauges.

I will probably try to find someone on here with the gauges and see if they will let me borrow them or meet them somewhere and headspace it just to be extra cautious.

lmao hilarious!

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Well i thought so too. However, I was talking to Dan at GC and he said that since the barrel and upper receiver are made by the same company and within the same tolerances I wouldn't have to worry about it. I was asking him if he could headspace mine for me but he doesn't have the gauges.

I will probably try to find someone on here with the gauges and see if they will let me borrow them or meet them somewhere and headspace it just to be extra cautious.

lmao hilarious!

As long as the reciever extension is installed on the barrel, you dont need to headspace it . You just plug it into the upper reciever. And tighten the barrel nut.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    my 9mm project: lrb lower i haven't picked up from corsica yet, rra lpk, desert camo funiture. i'm waiting for brownells to get more 9mm buffers & hammers before i order the mag block. gonna have to wait for a pa gunshow for mags and possible upper. amy's on to me so i don't plan on finishing this anytime soon, i sneak a piece here and sneak a piece there:innocent0
    gunsmisc061.jpg

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just visited Dan at Gun Connection to pick up an Essential Arms Lower, removable carry handle, and a stripped upper receiver.

I picked up the Pmag from Virginia Arms.

dsc00366.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom