• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I still have my Seekins lower waiting for an upper. The one I was looking for is sold out and cash is a little tight right now. That's a nice piece you got there. Hook us up with a range report when you get it out.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Thanks.

The gun is very well-balanced so the recoil is minimal enough that it's no different from a Vortex on a similar gun. I can't tell noise reduction since I never hand a standard A2 on it ever, but it's very similar design to the Levang compensator.

Al

interrresting....that's one sweet looking build. nicely done.

mythaeus

Trouble-maker Next Door
    Feb 5, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I still have my Seekins lower waiting for an upper. The one I was looking for is sold out and cash is a little tight right now. That's a nice piece you got there. Hook us up with a range report when you get it out.

I tried the upper on a Sun Devil lower build, but not with the Seekins as it is right now. Will try to get to the range this week. I paid $250 for mine from Rainier Arms. They still have 'em on sale right now. I saw some people dissing the curve mag well on some other sites, but I think it actually helps mag change.

interrresting....that's one sweet looking build. nicely done.

Thanks!

Al

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I tried the upper on a Sun Devil lower build, but not with the Seekins as it is right now. Will try to get to the range this week. I paid $250 for mine from Rainier Arms. They still have 'em on sale right now. I saw some people dissing the curve mag well on some other sites, but I think it actually helps mag change.

Thanks!

Al
    I was saving up for the Raineer Arms Elite 18.5 SPC upper. but they sold out as soon as I got the cash. Then I needed some car repairs so the cash went away. It's still no.1 on my list but if they dont restock them when I have the cash again I might have to force myself into buying a FNP45 tac.

wjt1169

Seekins should be coming out with their own billet stripped upper very, very soon.

seekpistonleft01.jpg

mythaeus

Trouble-maker Next Door
    Feb 5, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    It will probably look a lot like the billet upper they are producing for Spikes Tactical.

upper01.jpg

I hope not actually. The Seekins' lower is really unique looking, that's the reason I bought it. If they make it like the Spike's, it will look like any Mega, Sun Devil, or other recent billet receivers on the market with the exact same design. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but other than matching up the make (something I'm actually anal about with my ARs), I can get a VLTOR MUR 1 for around $180 now.

Nice job.
    You can't go wrong with LaRue.

(ETA: if you're talking about my Seekins build) Those are Daniel Defense Omega X FSP rails. They weigh like 13oz and are very manageable. BTW, I'm working on a Mega side-charging long range AR. It will be called "The Mother in Law" because she essentially got the lower for me :D

Al

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Barrel I made from a Shilen blank, chambered in .300-221, 1:8 twist.

31303_389129594494_501394494_4139250_954553_n.jpg

Here it is semi-installed, in the white:

31303_389130324494_501394494_4139264_6812394_n.jpg

Parkerized and blued, prepping for drilling and reaming the gas port:

32231_391415564494_501394494_4188363_3518030_n.jpg

Barrel installed for test firing, pistol length gas tube and JP Enterprises adjustable gas block.

32231_391415799494_501394494_4188364_1332594_n.jpg

Gas system works well, just had an issue with feeding. Loaded up 100 rounds this weekend after profiling the M4 feed ramp cuts in the upper receiver to match the barrel extension. It's more or less done, just waiting on a Troy Industries 13.8" MRF and MagPul MBUS to show up and it will be complete (well I want a bipod adapter too but it can wait)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom