• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    Got the Colt A3 HBar elite out to the range this weekend. Wow, just as colt promises. Sub-moa out of the box. Me likey very much.
    Coltattherange.jpg

Coltattherange2.jpg

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I can't speak for Hyper-W, but on my Stag, the carry handle moved back and forth a fraction of an inch eventhough it was tightened down as tight as humanly possible. The guy I was shooting with (a Marine) said that wasn't normal (it was my first flat-top AR, so WTF did I know? it was still accurate). Stag said it was "out of spec"... so was the replacement they sent out, so I just ended up getting an EOTech and a BUIS.

Carry handle is fine and doesn't move. Even though they are 'zeroed' at the factory, from what I've read its not always spot on.

I probably need to get myself used to them but the idea of just getting a red-dot is more appealing.

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    I have had this for about a month or so now but finally took a pic not a great one but here it is. It is a Olympic Arms K-16 in .223 of course I mounted a Weaver 4-16X42 scope in Leupold High rings and also put a Hogue Over molded grip on her. She shoots quite well with the loads I have put together for her Sierra 52 Gr. HPBT Match kings with Accurate 2230 powder Winchester SR primers in Win. cases.

DSC00327.jpg

Feb 17, 2009
    I hate to be a noob but that's why I joined,educate me.Whats up with (pic stole from gunrunner)whats up with the sights on the side?
    Deltonvortex4.jpg

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    The glass gives you the long view, and the reflex sights (at 45 degrees) gives you the short view.

The is correct mega. The reason I run this config is that I had a deer walk out on me at about 12yrds last year. I pulled up with the 4x and couldn't get a good sight picture. After finding the target i fired dead hold on the right shoulder. I grazed her belly hairs and she ran off. I quickly realized that i should have held 3/4 of the way up her back to hit the shoulder point of impact at such a close range. I had the scope sighted in at 100yrds. So i sat in the tree stand and worked over my dilemma. If posed with the situation again, do i shoot a hold off with no mil dots and an open style reticule to assist me. Or do i put a short range sight on the weapon. I had the dot already so thats what i did. I works extraordinarily well. I have it sighted in at 15yrds. Contrary to what you might think shooting on the cant or 45 is rather comfortable. It drops the scope out of my field of view so i can see everything around me. I like it alot.

Jamie

Jay

Balanced
    Mar 11, 2009
    Scroll down to see the awesome I just found on facebook and presented to y'all:

4337_556120953630_163900556_3282402.jpg

gen1runner

Mar 13, 2009
    Cecil-tuckey
    Its a leupold VX-3 1.5-5x20mm with the illum reticle. Not a bad piece of glass considering I got it fairly cheap, I was just unable to afford the mark 4 MR/T or a Nightforce so this was a decent middle of the road for me.

I just checked out that Leatherwood, didnt look to bad for the price either.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Just finished putting my first AR together :party29:

LaRue stealth 16" upper, 12" handguard
    LaRue (smos) lower
    MIAD grip
    CTR stock
    mbuis

Attachments

• IMG_9054.JPG
      IMG_9054.JPG
      77.3 KB · Views: 733
    • IMG_9055.JPG
      IMG_9055.JPG
      91.3 KB · Views: 742

mythaeus

Trouble-maker Next Door
    Feb 5, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I had an VLTOR MUR 1 upper laying around for a while and recently acquired a billet Seekins lower because of the unique look...and it was on sale. I decided to shuffle things around a bit with my builds and came up with this, possibly my best work yet.

ar_seekins_build_01.jpg

ar_seekins_build_02.jpg

ar_seekins_build_03.jpg

Seekins lower, VLTOR MUR-1, Magpul MOE, RRA 2-stage NM trigger, ARMS 40L-SP rear flip-up.

ar_seekins_build_04.jpg

Magpul M93B stock

ar_seekins_build_05.jpg

Daniel Defense Omega-X 12FSB, ARMS 41BL

ar_seekins_build_06.jpg

Troy Claymore flash hider

ar_seekins_build_09.jpg

ar_seekins_build_10.jpg

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads