• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    Spikes Panic build

I've been piecing together a nice Spikes rifle, Luckily I hit the panic early and was able to finish it out too much trouble finding parts. It's all spikes, minus the barrel (DD light weight 1/7 14.5 pinned and welded) and the magpul goodies.

Attachments

• Spikes 209 copy.jpg
      Spikes 209 copy.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 754
    • Spikes 179 copy.jpg
      Spikes 179 copy.jpg
      50.7 KB · Views: 763
    • Spikes 202 copy.jpg
      Spikes 202 copy.jpg
      112.4 KB · Views: 769
    • Spikes 183 copy.jpg
      Spikes 183 copy.jpg
      59.8 KB · Views: 739

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    I've been piecing together a nice Spikes rifle, Luckily I hit the panic early and was able to finish it out too much trouble finding parts. It's all spikes, minus the barrel (DD light weight 1/7 14.5 pinned and welded) and the magpul goodies.

Did you miss that huge spider in your pictures? I got a rolled up magazine for you...

Beautiful rifle. And ironically, tarantulas are probably the only spider I do not absolutely hate. They just look too big and fuzzy to harm you.

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    Did you miss that huge spider in your pictures? I got a rolled up magazine for you...

Beautiful rifle. And ironically, tarantulas are probably the only spider I do not absolutely hate. They just look too big and fuzzy to harm you.

Yes, this one is harmless, other than making me incredibly itchy. It's a Brazilian Black (Grammostola pulchra)

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Yes, this one is harmless, other than making me incredibly itchy. It's a Brazilian Black (Grammostola pulchra)

I miss my tarantulas. Sold them all off last summer. I mainly had p. murinis' and lasiodora parahybanas. They were my two favorites. I used to have pokies but arboreals arent really my thing.

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    I miss my tarantulas. Sold them all off last summer. I mainly had p. murinis' and lasiodora parahybanas. They were my two favorites. I used to have pokies but arboreals arent really my thing.

Nice, i loved my OBT's (Orange Bitey Things) So aggro it was comical. I had a bunch of pokies as well, Regalis, Metallica, Subfusca but sold them off. This is the last Tarantula I have.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Nice, i loved my OBT's (Orange Bitey Things) So aggro it was comical. I had a bunch of pokies as well, Regalis, Metallica, Subfusca but sold them off. This is the last Tarantula I have.

You chose a great one to hang onto! The pulchra has such an awesome black color especially after a molt. Damni youre making me want to order some Ts.... Right now im into aquatic turtles.

Trooper, how dare you not pay insane prices. You are a commy for not paying $500 for the gas tube

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    You chose a great one to hang onto! The pulchra has such an awesome black color especially after a molt. Damni youre making me want to order some Ts.... Right now im into aquatic turtles.

Trooper, how dare you not pay insane prices. You are a commy for not paying $500 for the gas tube

Well the roll pin I lost did cost $500, but after using the Dremel on a small nail, and using a big hammer I managaed to get that gas block on ;)

malifan1215

Sep 17, 2012
    Hagerstown, MD
    Finally posting pics of LRB lower build...

LRB stripped lower (MS groupbuy Oct. 2012)
    PSA stripped upper (blem), 14.5" CHF 1:7 barrel, BCG
    Samson Evolution 12" handguard
    Magpul ACS-L, AFG-2, MBUS, MS3 sling, trigger guard, PMAGs, B.A.D. lever
    Hogue grip
    Burris QD cantilever
    Vortex Strikefire
    Noveske QD endplate, ambi-safety
    Spikes Dynacomp
    BCM Mod4
    KNS Gen.2
    DPMS LPK w/ polished sear, trigger adjuster, mil-spec buffer/spring
    JPE springs

Having purchased parts prior to madness... PRICELESS

Attachments

• IMG-20130107-00085.jpg
      IMG-20130107-00085.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 671

msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I just mostly hear utg isn't the best. Don't have any first hand experience, was just curious.

So I made it out to Green Ridge State Park this past week and had a really tough time trying to sight the red dot in. Finally figured it out after about an hour and overall I think the quality of the UTG equipment on the rifle is nice. I did notice that maybe the buffer needs to be replaced with something a little more quality. The only other issue I had was that the dial covers needed to be glued back on after unlocking them to adjust the red dot. No other issues. Rifle is sighted out to 50 yards for now and it held zero for the few hours I was out there. I would definitely buy more UTG products for my next builds.

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'll play :party29:

Double star HBAR upper
    Mega lower
    PSA LPK
    MOE-K grip
    AFG 2 (thinking about going back to the vfg)
    Troy QD mounts
    Troy Claymore muzzlebrake
    Magpul CTR stock
    Larry vickers 2pt sling
    Magpul BUIS
    Troy Alpha rail
    LaRue rail covers
    Primary arms micro dot on a american defense QD mount
    BCM gunfighter medium charging handle
    Magpul enhanced trigger guard

208052_4802540631067_1113443443_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread