• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    So have we figured out who has the bigger dick or are we still in the process of measuring?

JUJV7oy1GvHxEDlEDD1kxffeW_uy4arcmb-0ip39OBw=w281-h210-p-no

Looks like the m14 has it beat hands down- although the RAOTFW (FAL) tops them both.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Sorry - I couldn't resist - there was so much back and forth, and picking apart posts and that sort of thing. I must say, I've done it too on occasion. :D

Haha... I could not resist on the reply! All in good fun!

On a serious note, others will come across this thread and learn if its issues. Its good to have the debate. You can see my POV from the new guys buying in and the experienced M14 user use to the issues and the limitation. The topic of the thread was really about M14 Lore. I can say I think I got caught in it and had visions of a rifle that will not be obtainable. Now I am kind of stuck in between getting the closest I could to it or trying to back track and ending with a USGI M14 clone.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So have we figured out who has the bigger dick or are we still in the process of measuring?

Depends on how big the competitors buttholes are. Everyone knows that when you measure, you start at the rear most portion of the butthole to the end of the tip of the barrel. No muzzle devices. The bigger the butthole the larger the measurement.

It's in the BATFE handbook on measuring OAL. I wrote them a letter...

trbon8r

Ultimate Member

I didn't see anyone break out their roll of aluminum foil wrapped Magnums yet.

What I witnessed was a debate and disagreement on the various strengths and weaknesses of the M14. Among the opinion there is some substantive information that could be of use to someone looking to travel down the road of building an M14.

As I said before I know what works for me and I encourage others to carefully consider their needs before deciding which rifle works best for them. The one thing I did notice in this thread are the posts from those that have used an M14 when it really mattered most, and they seem to be just fine with it. As far as what anyone else ultimately decides to use or build...........

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      8.9 KB · Views: 190

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    My bad...because I was just corrected by poster: Surculus, over at Firing Line Forum --- that it was an M15 {heavy barrel M14} which was the official replacement for the BAR --- but was never fielded.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    In spite of my lack of money and good sense, I will own an M14 clone and an FAL. The CETME was fun but I ended up selling that with a bunch of magazines. I still have 5 or 6 G3 mags, just wish CMMG actually made an AR-10 that worked with them.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I didn't see anyone break out their roll of aluminum foil wrapped Magnums yet.

What I witnessed was a debate and disagreement on the various strengths and weaknesses of the M14. Among the opinion there is some substantive information that could be of use to someone looking to travel down the road of building an M14.

As I said before I know what works for me and I encourage others to carefully consider their needs before deciding which rifle works best for them. The one thing I did notice in this thread are the posts from those that have used an M14 when it really mattered most, and they seem to be just fine with it. As far as what anyone else ultimately decides to use or build...........
    Relax my friend - I probably should have put a smilie on it or something because I meant it all in good fun. :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    In spite of my lack of money and good sense, I will own an M14 clone and an FAL. The CETME was fun but I ended up selling that with a bunch of magazines. I still have 5 or 6 G3 mags, just wish CMMG actually made an AR-10 that worked with them.
    I, too, would like an "AR-G3" in the future due to the cheap mags and cool factor. Anubis Arms claims they've worked out the bugs on the Fidelis (nee CMMG) setups and have them running nicely. Alas, not happening for a little while yet.

The FAL and M1A are both nice enough guns, they're just not sniper material. DMR? Maybe with the right love and care.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I, too, would like an "AR-G3" in the future due to the cheap mags and cool factor. Anubis Arms claims they've worked out the bugs on the Fidelis (nee CMMG) setups and have them running nicely. Alas, not happening for a little while yet.

The FAL and M1A are both nice enough guns, they're just not sniper material. DMR? Maybe with the right love and care.

If I want to pick something off at 1000+ yards I have a rifle perfectly capable of doing that already. A 7.62 NATO rifle, for me, is inside 600 yards, which I'd guess is DMR territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom