• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    As one who has been in close quarters combat with an armed subject... On more than a few occasions... I not only find no value in the product... I see it as a liability.
    If all it takes is pressure on the "Gadget" to render the pistol unable to fire...

What is the person, who needs to fire the pistol in close quarters combat, going to do when the attacker gets their hand on the pistol applies pressure to your "Gadget" and prevents them from using it to defend themself?

When a person in CQB needs to be able to pull that trigger... Where are the makers of this "Gadget" going to be as the attacker grips the pistol and prevents the trigger from being pulled?

Or does the designer of this "Gadget" believe that "holstering" is the only action of the Glock pistol user that needs any consideration?

My life is worth more to me than $55.00 thank you.

If in close quarters, and someone grabs your J frame and apply pressure to the hammer (when not cocked), or gets their finger inside the hammer in any hammer fired weapon, they will have similarly disabled the firearm. This fact has not stopped LE and others from carrying revolvers and 1911s for many years.

For many years, many have learned to ride the hammer with their thumb when re holstering a firearm with a hammer, as a part of the safe re-holstering process, to prevent an AD/ND. This device simply allows the striker fired glocks to do the same.

If you are cool with your Glocks without it, awesome. If you think it could help you be a bit more sure when re holstering, also awesome.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do you get any tactile feedback like you would from a hammer?

How would you know if there was any foreign matter in the holster that pressed the trigger?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Anyone who reholsters quickly, fast, or in a tactictal manner is an idiot. You have a specified amount of time to get the gun out......if your first......you should have a lifetime to put it back In.

Unless you're transitioning to a long gun, which is what you're trying to get to with your hand gun. Personally, I have only two arms and two hands, so if I'm trying to get my rifle up to my shoulder to fire, having a handgun in one of my hands precludes that from being effective.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Unless you're transitioning to a long gun, which is what you're trying to get to with your hand gun. Personally, I have only two arms and two hands, so if I'm trying to get my rifle up to my shoulder to fire, having a handgun in one of my hands precludes that from being effective.

Yeah and if you were in Iraq, I'd say you got it, ANYWHERE and pretty much any other gun battle, just drop that biatch.......Ny reload

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Do you get any tactile feedback like you would from a hammer?

How would you know if there was any foreign matter in the holster that pressed the trigger?

Yes, when the trigger is pressed, the lever pushes the back plate out.

When re holstering, you place your thumb on the back plate, and put your firearm into the holster. If anything encounters the trigger, the back plate will push out, into your thumb, telling you you have an obstruction, and additional pressure from your thumb prevents the trigger from being depressed any further, thus preventing any foreign matter in the holster/ trigger guard, from causing the firearm to fire.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

When re holstering, you place your thumb on the back plate, and put your firearm into the holster. If anything encounters the trigger, the back plate will push out, into your thumb, telling you you have an obstruction, and additional pressure from your thumb prevents the trigger from being depressed any further, thus preventing any foreign matter in the holster/ trigger guard, from causing the firearm to fire.

I'd doubt the thumb pressure could prevent continued trigger travel. Its only an INDICATOR that the trigger is being pulled.

I doubt a mfg'r could purchase insurance to sell a piece that claimed it would prevent the trigger from being pulled.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Yes, but this thread is about Glocks.

Ugly guns need love too.

I count on my firearms for personal defense. I don't want to have to count any of my firearms as a range gun, or remember which ones are modified by anyone other than a trained armorer.

I view this soft sell advertising as disingenuous. You can disagree if you like.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

This thing is even dumber than I thought it was on first read.

RationalGun

Jan 24, 2012
    NoVA
    As one who has been in close quarters combat with an armed subject... On more than a few occasions... I not only find no value in the product... I see it as a liability.
    If all it takes is pressure on the "Gadget" to render the pistol unable to fire...

What is the person, who needs to fire the pistol in close quarters combat, going to do when the attacker gets their hand on the pistol applies pressure to your "Gadget" and prevents them from using it to defend themselves?

When a person in CQB needs to be able to pull that trigger... Where are the makers of this "Gadget" going to be as the attacker grips the pistol and prevents the trigger from being pulled?

It works exactly the same as a hammer fired gun with regards to your hypothetical scenarios. Do you feel that hammer fired guns are unsafe from your viewpoint as a CQB veteran?

RationalGun

Jan 24, 2012
    NoVA
    I'd doubt the thumb pressure could prevent continued trigger travel. Its only an INDICATOR that the trigger is being pulled.

I doubt a mfg'r could purchase insurance to sell a piece that claimed it would prevent the trigger from being pulled.

Absolutely wrong. Your thumb on the gadget easily overpowers the finger on the trigger. You really should look at a Gadget. I'll have mine at the next Fredericksburg match in August. You may do a detailed examination of it. The match is an easy drive down 95 and it's a Steel Challenge next month, lots of fun.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Absolutely wrong. Your thumb on the gadget easily overpowers the finger on the trigger. You really should look at a Gadget. I'll have mine at the next Fredericksburg match in August. You may do a detailed examination of it. The match is an easy drive down 95 and it's a Steel Challenge next month, lots of fun.

I don't need my thumb to be the dominate digit on my shooting hand.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Thanks for the correction.

As a non-lawyer, I'd guess you have opened yourself to unbelievable finanacial liability with such a claim.

Best of luck with the project.

runswscissors

Jul 11, 2008
    Harford County
    I am absolutely ashamed at the responses in this thread. Yes, I know we've had shitty folks come through trying to sell their product, but I think you guys have your tin foil hats on a little too tight.

This seems to be the most common response:
    Glock's are safe just the way they come from the factory.

"Glocks are safe"? Really? That's the equivalent of the anti's "Guns are dangerous" argument. Firearms are inanimate objects. They are no more "safe" or "dangerous" then they are happy or sad.

My dad thought his cars were plenty safe without using seat belts. He was wrong.

While I am the farthest thing from a firearms expert, I am aware of several negligent discharges by folks with distorted holsters.

I am a fatty, so I don't AIWB carry. I CC on my strong side hip/ass area. If you can turn your head at such an angle to get a visual "all clear" inside your holster, then great for you. I can't.

I'm not endorsing this product. I'm not even sure I'll buy this product. But I do know some of the folks involved. They are stand up guys. These were the folks that originally got me interested in firearms. Guys I've known long before I had ever heard of MDShooters.

To my knowledge only one person would stand to gain anything from the sale of this product and that would be ToddG. The others posting here seem to be trusted friends that were apparently under a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT which is standard practice when bringing new products to market (at least in my experience).

Love it or hate it, it isn't for sale now anyway. So save the goofy teeth grinding till next week. In the meantime, take a deep breath.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom