• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Watch, I haven't worn a watch in 15 years. Don't you'all carry a cell phone? Why do you need a watch?

Come on Man...
    Jim Smith

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Why do you need a watch?

Because this:
    JamesTux2.jpg

ga001-rolex-sean-connery.jpg

....is a helluva lot cooler than this:
    cellphone-jamesbond.gif

102701.jpg

Attachments

• beretta bond.jpg
      beretta bond.jpg
      126 KB · Views: 336

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I think you're confusing the man with the watch.

Nah. In 20 years' time (as will be the case with a classic Porsche vs modern Prius), when the cell phone's been consigned to geek detritus, we'll still be aspiring to own classic mechanical watches.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Cell phones are wonderful technological marvels in their own right but it's totally different.
    At the risk of sounding flaky a phone has no "soul" it's an appliance. There is something to be said for having a little machine on your wrist. Especially if it's well made and not disposable. No one will hand their cell phone down to their grandson.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Why do you need a gun? It is not a matter of need, how about we like watches and want them. It's a matter of want.

Now I've gotta stop you right there. PLEASE don't compare a watch to a firearms. I need a firearm for many reasons. I need a firearm to feed my family. I need a firearm to protect me when I'm out and about. I need a firearm to protect my home. I need a firearm to protect my family. I need a firearm to protect the weak. I need a firearm, because self defense is a God given right.

I don't need a watch to tell time.

I really can't believe on this forum, you would ask me the question, "Why do you need a gun?"

Man card violation.
    Jim Smith

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Now I've gotta stop you right there. PLEASE don't compare a watch to a firearms. I need a firearm for many reasons. I need a firearm to feed my family. I need a firearm to protect me when I'm out and about. I need a firearm to protect my home. I need a firearm to protect my family. I need a firearm to protect the weak. I need a firearm, because self defense is a God given right.

I don't need a watch to tell time.

I really can't believe on this forum, you would ask me the question, "Why do you need a gun?"

Man card violation.
    Jim Smith

I think you are missing the point i was trying to make. You asked why does anyone need x, I asked why does anyone need y. Do NEED a Porcshe? Do you NEED a mansion? Do you NEED an iPhone? It was a rhetorical question.
    Again, its a matter of want.
    Oh and BTW, I can't go swimming with a cell phone. :D

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Too bad this German-made timepiece won't fit on my wrist. Oh, and it needs gravity to work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 306

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Some nice eye candy in this thread for sure. I wish I wasn't too skinny to wear a nice watch :(

I feel comfortable w/ 40-42mm watches. I'm tempted to move to a 44mm Panerai. There are boatloads of awesome modern and vintage watches in the 34-38mm range you might find fit you just right. Vintage Omegas & Seikos come to mind.

Omega_Seamaster_Deville_Automatic_44.JPG

k3020_1.jpg

Seiko_Seahorse_Leder_01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom