• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    This is a total BS "report" to spin up the voting public. Pay attention to what our enemy is doing and make sure everyone you know realizes that "so called assault weapons" are not the black death on society. Criminals don't follow the law and we need to get tough on that... anything else impugns our gun rights as honest citizens. I am sure Kommandant Obama approves of this latest scary rhetoric.

If you can keep your last meal down, read the latest propaganda:http://www.bradycenter.org/xshare/pdf/reports/mass-produced-mayhem.pdf

Lying press release: http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=1028

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I made it as far as the "officer down" sidebar. Checked the source on the Floyd County, Indiana shooting in which a "high-powered assault rifle" was used.

The suspect, who was using a high-powered, World War II relic M-1 Garand rifle, struck Officer Denzinger with a second round between the side panels of his bullet-resistant vest...

Source - http://www.odmp.org/officer/18926-officer-frank-charles-denzinger

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I get so sick of these disgusting shameless people trying to use the deaths of police officers to advance their political agenda, and agenda that by the way the vast majority of police officers don't support. They are truly lower than pond scum.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    My favorite - from the "Conclusions" Section:

Assault weapons are weapons of war that are sought after and used by street
    gangs, drug dealers, and terrorists, but are of no use to law-abiding persons who own
    guns for sporting purposes and self-defense. Law enforcement and an overwhelming
    majority of the American public realize that these guns have no place in civilian hands,
    and should be banned.

Pretty much as far from reality as it can be.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Isn't it both ironic and incredibly arrogant that the same elitists who won't protect the law-abiding from the predators also won't allow the law-abiding the tools to protect themselves.

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    "An AK-47 fires a military round. In a conventional home with dry-
    wall walls, I wouldn’t be surprised if it went through six of them.”

I'd say 10 walls. I mean, every one knows they'll pierce armor, go through an engine block and scariest of all, the bullet will actually pick up the spent brass, stick itself in a Lyman press and reload itself!!! Run for the hills it's revenge of the 7.62 x 39!

Geez, where's the outrage? Guys come on, it's for the children! Send in your assault rifles to ME ?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Once again, blame the tool, not the operator. Some real objective writing.:sad20: Unfortunately, we're out spent on the cash front.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton

I'd say 10 walls. I mean, every one knows they'll pierce armor, go through an engine block and scariest of all, the bullet will actually pick up the spent brass, stick itself in a Lyman press and reload itself!!! Run for the hills it's revenge of the 7.62 x 39!

Geez, where's the outrage? Guys come on, it's for the children! Send in your assault rifles to ME ?

Well apparently pretty much anything exceeding the ballistics of a .22 can go through 6 typical interior walls. http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot1.htm

But then one could also say that 12 gauge, 9x19, .45, etc. are military rounds fired by... wow my brain hurts now.
    I was debating reading the propaganda, but I don't think I can handle it right now.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Unless they are steel armor peircing cases, then even the reloading press shuns them:shocked2:

shawn

Oct 23, 2007
    That was so disgusting I couldnt even get through the table of contents in the PDF file.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Or that the Branch-
    Davidians at Waco, Texas, accumulated an arsenal of assault weapons to prepare for
    battle against the federal government, including 123 AR-15s, 44 AK-47s, two Barrett .50
    calibers
    , two Street Sweepers, an unknown number of MAC-10 and MAC-11s, 20 100-
    round drum magazines, and 260 large-capacity banana clips.3 Or that James Huberty
    I see they are still repeating this lie too.
    When the feds sifted through the ashes, they found these rifles and pistols:
    ILLEGAL WEAPONS RECOVERED
    Machine guns

The FBI determined that 46 semiautomatic firearms had been
    modified to fire in full automatic mode:

22 M-16 Type Rifles

20 AK-47 Type Rifles

2 Heckler and Koch SP-89

2 M-11/Nine...

... FIREARMS
    Rifles and Rifle Components

61 M-16 Type and 2 M-16 Lower Receivers

61 AK-47 Type

34 AR-15 Type and 2 AR-15 Lower Receivers

13 Shotguns -- 12 gauge

11 7.62MM FN FAL Type

10 Mini-14 Type

7 37mm. Flare Gun/Launcher Type

6 .30 Carbine Calber US Carbine, Model M1

6 Assorted Rifles

5 M-11/Nine

5 M-14 Type

3 Galil

2 Heckler and Koch SP-89

1 Air Rifle

1 Heckler and Koch MP-5

1 Sten submachine gun

Pistols and Revolvers

23 Beretta

13 Glock

8 Assorted Revolvers

6 Safari Arms

6 Assorted Pistols

5 Sig Sauer

5 Walther

2 Taurus
    http://usgovinfo.about.com/blwacoguns.htm

There were four .50 magazines found, but NOT ONE .50 BMG rifle or even rifle barrel found.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Washington, D.C. - In the four years since the federal assault weapons ban expired on September 15, 2004, at least 163 people have been killed and 185 wounded with military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, including at least 38 police officers killed or wounded, according to a report being issued today by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.
    I remember looking at the ODMP websight about January and I counted the number of "possible" murders where an AW rifle might have been used (when it said it was a rifle or when the weapon type was not known excluding the circumstances which were not one where only a handgun would fit). I forget the number, but it was something like five possibles.
    There were 10 police officers murdered by someone using a motor vehicle as the weapon, so in 2007 at least twice as many officers were murdered by assault cars than by assault rifles. We should ban cars!

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    And really why is an SKS an Assault Weapon? Simonov Anti-defamation league anyone?

Since the numbers don't look very good for their side they keep adding more and more firearms to the so called "assault weapon" category until the numbers look scary.

Same thing they do with "Children of gun violence" where the numbers include 19 year olds.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Since the numbers don't look very good for their side they keep adding more and more firearms to the so called "assault weapon" category until the numbers look scary.

I'm convinced we could take much of the wind out of the "assault weapon ban" movement, and reveal its absurdity, if we could get our legislators to bundle "assault penis" legislation along with it. Because, you know, they're evil and dangerous in the hands of the wrong person - and who could say no to a bill that's designed to protect the innocent?

Same thing they do with "Children of gun violence" where the numbers include 19 year olds.

...and 19 and younger perpetrators of crimes, who are shot while committing crimes - either by other thugs, police, or their victims. They are "victims" in their eyes, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom