• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DkKnight

Dec 9, 2010
    MD
    Big thanks to Mark, 1st for trying to find a Ruger Mini 30 Tactical for me, then for completing the transfer when I was able to find one waaay out in Montana.:D

P4110002.JPG

Here with the 10/22

P4120004.JPG

Now off to get some rounds through it tomorrow at Myrtle Grove !!

Paul in Bowie

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Congrats! Don't forget the range report after you get the chance to run some rounds through her.

DkKnight

Dec 9, 2010
    MD
    Love the mini 14 and 30 - congrats. You will love her and she will never let you down.

Nice find! :D:thumbsup:

Thanks - took a little bit to find but def worth it, Rugers have been good and dependable for me over the years.

Congrats! Don't forget the range report after you get the chance to run some rounds through her.

Quick range report - 120 rounds through it, 60 Silver Bear, 20 Wolf Poly coated and 40 of Remington - 1 FTF 5th round through the gun - Remington.
    No other problems, after every mag did a quick spray of Break Free and a pull through with the bore snake.
    All rounds printed within 4" at 75 yards - a little high and right, I didn't adjust the sights this time, just wanted to get function done.
    All in all very pleased and can't wait to get back out with it.

Paul in Bowie

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Quick range report - 120 rounds through it, 60 Silver Bear, 20 Wolf Poly coated and 40 of Remington - 1 FTF 5th round through the gun - Remington.
    I have thought about getting a mini-30, but reading some stuff about broken firing pins, I was concerned. I wrote Ruger and they said:
    If you dig into the details, you will find some issue when folks buy very cheap surplus Eastern Bloc ammo with hard primers, and that it does not seem to occur with SAAMI-specification-compliant ammo, which is typically from from the USA or Western Europe.

Beat regards,
    Mike Fifer
    Does that mean new ammo like wolf and silver bear, herter's are OK long term? I would revisit the mini-30 except for this issue, which I might be irrationally concerned about...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom