• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Feel free to spread it all around, tweak it for your needs, etc. I got auto responses from Dumais and Hammen, so I'm pretty sure it made it through their email filters, don't know about the rest.

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Can I use this to post to my Facebook and other social media? PM me with what name you want me to use to give credit. Thanks!!! This about sums up my feeling on this whole process as well.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    After everything Friday I was extremely pissed, particularly at the delegates who had been lying to our faces and giving us the impression that we were making progress shooting down this abomination of legislation. I couldn't sleep that night as my mind was racing with what I wanted to say to each of the delegates who voted the bill out of committee. So I wrote them all a nice letter thanking them for their work and I thought I'd pass it along.

I'm with you 100%. Great work on your letter. But your biggest job will be to insure the many people around you that I'm sure do not bother to go and vote to do just that and start bothering. What upsets me way more then these politicians are the people to laze to vote these SOB's out of office, as well as the endless excuses they have about why they did not make it to the voting booth.

All of this passion we see at the rallies in Annapolis is wonderful. If we had 1/2 the passion on election day we would not be in this mess today.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Well said. Now let's follow through on election day!

I believe it will happen, provided we all make the effort to remind people who voted against their Constitutionl rights come election time. People forget things. ;)

These legislators knew they would piss off right leaning Republican voters in MD. They just don't give a sh!t. They're not going to get their votes anyway. What they failed to realize however is that they have pissed off a WHOLE LOT of normally left leaning Democrat voters. People like me, who are all in favor of things like gay marriage, legalized marijuana, ending the death penalty, etc. But if you want to start messing with my Constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms...stop the bus fellas! I'm getting off.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I believe it will happen, provided we all make the effort to remind people who voted against their Constitutionl rights come election time. People forget things. ;)

These legislators knew they would piss off right leaning Republican voters in MD. They just don't give a sh!t. They're not going to get their votes anyway. What they failed to realize however is that they have pissed off a WHOLE LOT of normally left leaning Democrat voters. People like me, who are all in favor of things like gay marriage, legalized marijuana, ending the death penalty, etc. But if you want to start messing with my Constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms...stop the bus fellas! I'm getting off.

But that's it in a nut shell isn't it? "provided we all make the effort". Right after 911 we all started to see bumper stickers that said; "We will NEVER forget". I had to laugh when I read the first one I saw.Let me tell you something about people in the US, that's what we do the best, FORGET!

The other thing we are very good at is being very lazy as well as master of making excuses. You know it, I know it, and the SOB politicians running our lives in Annapolis know it.

I would love to see it, but the likelihood of the same passion we are seeing today about fighting for our gun rights is likely to die by the time the next elections roll around. And that's when we really need the "fight for what's right" passion.

By the time the next election rolls around far to many gun guys wont even know where the poles are in their area never mind bother to go stand in line so they can vote.

I wish everything I just said was not true. But the fact that it is true is the very reason why we can't get enough votes to vote our the incumbents now. And the very reason we are fighting to keep our gun rights now.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    But that's it in a nut shell isn't it? "provided we all make the effort". Right after 911 we all started to see bumper stickers that said; "We will NEVER forget". I had to laugh when I read the first one I saw.Let me tell you something about people in the US, that's what we do the best, FORGET!

The other thing we are very good at is being very lazy as well as master of making excuses. You know it, I know it, and the SOB politicians running our lives in Annapolis know it.

I would love to see it, but the likelihood of the same passion we are seeing today about fighting for our gun rights is likely to die by the time the next elections roll around. And that's when we really need the "fight for what's right" passion.

By the time the next election rolls around far to many gun guys wont even know where the poles are in their area never mind bother to go stand in line so they can vote.

I wish everything I just said was not true. But the fact that it is true is the very reason why we can't get enough votes to vote our the incumbents now. And the very reason we are fighting to keep our gun rights now.

I'm afraid you're right. I'll make the effort to get the word out come election time, but Americans are nothing if not lazy and apathetic. It's the reason our society is crumbling around us.

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    Ahem - excuse me, but all this cheering and applause means we will have to ask you to leave the gallery.

/MSP

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm afraid you're right. I'll make the effort to get the word out come election time, but Americans are nothing if not lazy and apathetic. It's the reason our society is crumbling around us.

And your right. Sad but true. Many of us have it way to good and as a result we get into our own worlds and the dirty rat politicians get plenty of time to make laws that harm us. As soon as it is right up out butts like this gun issues we have all the fight. But we do not have the fight when we need the fight the most.

As far as the gun issue goes, thank god for the great MSI people. If it were not for them banging the drum and telling us we have to go to Annapolis so these dirty rat politicians can see how we feel, we would not have been their on our own.

And that's what is really needed. We need to start paying attention and doing on our own come election day. Each and every person needs to pay attention and when they see these politicians pulling stunts like this have it within ourselves to go to Annapolis on our own to show them how we feel about what they are trying to do. Not just when it's cool to be part of the gun group.

If the right amount of passion is shown on election day there would be no need to be in Annapolis today. But the politicians in Annapolis count on the lemmings in Maryland to go everywhere except a voting both.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I sent a copy to all Maryland legislators prefaced with 'you know which ones you are', and 'those of you that this letter doesn't apply to, your constitutents thank you and feel free to pass this letter on' :mad54:

We should inundate all the them with this letter so they may be very concerned all the way up to the next elections.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom