• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snoopaloop

Mar 5, 2009
    Middle River
    My previous job was with Verizon where I worked in a network operations center, monitoring and troubleshooting switches, routers, and multiplexers, as well as the T1, T3, and OC03 circuits going to them. I also provided support for field techs on the same equipment. I was an automotive tech in a past life, so I have some mechanical inclination too. No certs at this time and I don't have clearance. I'm positive I would pass though.

I'm already applying for positions through sites like dice.com and indeed everyday, but who knows, maybe someone on here knows someone who knows someone...:)

twan

Oct 30, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    Hey good looking with your search. I'm a vz tech currently & the way things goes I'm always on the look out for jobs. I did hear cavalier was hiring some techs they don't pay as well as us but it's something. I also saw a few jobs on monster. Good luck.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Have you tried Verizon Wireless yet?

VZW is a totally different work enviroment and culture from VZ.

We have openings for switch techs but unfortunately nothing in Washington Baltimore right now but if you're willing to relocate then there are plenty of opportunities around the country.

Checkout the VZW website and feel free to PM me with any questions.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Snoop - I saw this on LinkedIn for a Voice Network Engineer posting at ATT:

Posted:February 9, 2012Type:Full-time Experience:Mid-Senior level Functions:Information Technology Industries:Telecommunications Employer Job ID:1157798Job ID:2408135

Hope something pans out for you.

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Snoop not knowing what you are looking for but I work for large CT company out of glen burnie and if you still want tech work let me know.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    don't forget all the gubment contractors need voice/data techs. my company had some a few weeks back. put your resume on monster.com too if you haven't already. i haven't updated my resume in almost a year and get 2 hits a week from monster alone.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hey Snoop, CSX is looking for communications tech in Baltimore.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    Intellect Corporation here in Baltimore may be interested in you. They were hiring people with no experience asas tower climber trainees a year ago. They also have stuff going on with verizon being installed in the area tunnels or something like that. May be worth checking out.

snoopaloop

Mar 5, 2009
    Middle River
    Thank you all for the leads you're providing.

ffemtreed- I'm a homeowner in Baltimore county and couldn't really afford to have a mortgage and need housing on the shore. Thank you for posting though.

Nothinghead-I just emailed them my resume to see if I may be a good fit for any openings. Thank you. :)

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Periodically I see Atlantic Broadband advertising for cable technicians based out of their Grasonville office.

Good luck with your job search!

twan

Oct 30, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    Was told they are not looking to rehire if you have left the company.My father was experienced in both copper and fiber splicing and retired from the engineering department and was told he would not be considered even though qualified and experienced.They are looking for short term disposable people at this point.I have coworkers who retired and came back...several now "loaned"to DC for an undisclosed amount of time.Personally I have reported to basically three different work groups in one year,third supervisor this year alone,and eight total supervisors in the last fourteen months.New hires may be more interested in this position,all the company nonsense would all be new to them and therefore maybe more appealing.
    the guys they sent from my crew to DC wasn't loaned its perm. But hey that's the Verizon way. I can't complain but checks keep coming I don't care who the supr is. Lol

snoopaloop

Mar 5, 2009
    Middle River
    Update-

After six months of actively looking, I just got an offer to be a tech support engineer for an electronics company. Thanks so much to everyone who gave suggestions! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom