• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    ^^^^^

The first casualty of the battle is the battle plan. You walk onto the field with one, but so does the other guy.

There is an opportunity to use the successful lib energy on abortion rights, against them on gun rights. Use their energy against them.

Unreasonable delay. Unreasonable cost.

That has nothing to do with ownership of machine guns or the 10 round limits. But you push on openings where they open up.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Here's the thing...in this hyper-inflationary age, $200.00 has quickly become "next to nothing". Even the average broke thug-lifer wears $200 in cheap fake gaudy jewelry, so let's not whine about the $200 stamp. We should keep our mouths shut lest "someone" decide to push for an increase in the NFA stamp tax.

What is the real issue, here? The registration itself, obviously. There are a lot of people who think that ALL guns should be legal and should be purchase-able in a hardware store with no BG check or registration or anything.

I don't know if I can make that leap, just because of the destructive power of some of these firearms.

SBRs, SBSes, and maybe even AOWs...I classify them in the same bracket as modern semi-auto rifles and pistols...the short barrel/concealability doesn't really make that huge of a difference. Any check to identify a pistol would also identify a short-barreled rifle/shotgun or AOW. So THAT, at least, I consider to be stupid to include under the scope of NFA. I find it ridiculous that taking a hacksaw to my Mossberg would be worthy of a 10-year, $100K sentence.

When you get into machine guns, though...that, for me at least, is a gray area.

I mean, the whole premise of the free-gun society is deterrence...if you decide to shoot up a public place, enough people need to be CCWing to be able to stop you.

Some punk walks into a mall with an AR-15 and starts shooting, you at least have SOME chance of defending yourself.

Same punk walks into a mall with an M249 SAW...almost completely takes CCWers out of the equation. The ability to deliver that much lead that fast, combined with an indiscriminate mass-killer, and your 1911 Commander-model isn't going to do you much of sh!t.

I almost classify machine-guns in with "destructive devices"...explosives and such...because you have the chance to rack up a huge body-count even BEFORE anyone else has a chance to react.

The only way I could see machine-gun ownership being common without a huge liability is if we had a return of the "well-regulated" civilian (non-gov) militias, and fully-automatic weapons were managed by those militias along with proper training and evaluation of the users to insure that they were able to properly and safely use them.

Honestly...the average "militia" member of today is better off with a decent, accurate semi-auto rifle. Full-auto is a waste of bullets and is more for "suppressive" fire...it's unrealistic to think that it would convey any significant advantage in event of a hostile foreign (or domestic) army attacking, especially in the hands of a relatively untrained "common civilian".

Right your idea idea is that some 'gun control' works, so its ok.

Even better you think a saw is more deadly than a sniper rifle ...

of course real mass killers use pressure cookers ...

BTW just what do you think background checks will do about the real threat -- state sponsored terror on US soil. Think trey will stumped by a tax stamp ...

Given the false choice of a saw in mall / school shooting or a team of precision shooters-- I prefer the saw--- they are squad level weapons or a reason ...

Don't think this is a realistic threat Check out the work Of Grossman and others

http://www.killology.com/bio.htm

Stop worrying about the tools of violence -- start thinking about real counter measures ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom