• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Thinking of getting a Taurus PT 1911. It was my father-in-laws and and my mother-in-law wants to sell it. My father-in-law loved it and shot it some but not a lot. I see many mixed reviews. I want to give her what it's worth and used prices seem inconsistent. Any good advice? Thanks.....

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The PT 1911 isn't bad to be honest, a friend picked one up middle of last year for his first 1911, and aside from the finish not being the best, he's been very happy with it.

Trigger wasn't bad at all for an out of the box piece, more accurate then he is, out the door for a NIB PT1911 w/rail in his case was just under $680 - don't know if that's good or not, but that's what he spent for his.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    The PT 1911 isn't bad to be honest, a friend picked one up middle of last year for his first 1911, and aside from the finish not being the best, he's been very happy with it.

Trigger wasn't bad at all for an out of the box piece, more accurate then he is, out the door for a NIB PT1911 w/rail in his case was just under $680 - don't know if that's good or not, but that's what he spent for his.

I have the Taurua PT1911 in 9mm and it a fine gun. I've been very happy with the gun.

James

Last edited:

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    I just got the pt1911 in 9mm and so far I love it. Can't wait to get another actually.
    I think 4-450 would be a great price for a used one. Maybe a little less/maybe a little more.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    jac43k - My comment on the finish was in regards to the actual finish applied to the gun, my friend's PT1911 has gotten light oxidation on the frame where the webbing of his hand rides on the back of the frame, and a few small spots on the slide where he left his fingerprints before he put it away for a month or so.

Aside from that there's been no issues or complaints at all.

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    I have one, my son has one in stainless, his friend has one and a friend of mine has one. No problems to report and so far everyone is very happy with them.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Thanks everyone for the input. I went online before asking here and saw a lot of complaints of broken extractors. My father-in-law probably put 200+ through it with no problems, maybe a lot more but I don't know. I do know he really liked it.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I've had mine for about a year now. I've posted several times about how happy I am with it. My only complaint is the ugly Taurus engraving on the slide. I recently replaced the grips with some custom wooden ones and it really improved the feel more than I expected. It's been very reliable, shoots accurately and really doesn't need to be upgraded. It won't make people envy you at the range, but it will shoot well, and be a nice reliable 1911.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom