• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAliyev

Thinker
    Feb 23, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    Recently I have been seeing a lot of Taurus Judge revolvers on shelves of many gun /sporting goods stores. I look at the counter and feel like am in the presence of the Supreme Court :) Based on all reviews that I have seen, they are not particularly efficient for anything beyond being "snake" guns. Do people really buy them that much? Why? What is the benefit of having big and low efficiency revolver versus having something more proven?

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Speaking as someone who owns one, people buy them for the novelty or because they truly believe .410 in a revolver is a serious HD round. The reality is: .410 can be fun, but doesn't hold a pattern with a 2 inch barrel. And if one wants a .45LC revolver, there are plenty of far better choices.

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    Hell I like mine, but it is a novelty a fun novelty, but a novelty. Methlab is right there is a lot more different types of .410 ammo out there now and it would make a pretty good nightstand weapon simply because you can chamber .000 buck, .45 long colt, .000 buck depending on how close they are to you and what you want to shoot. If can only afford one pistol buy a nice .45 or 9mm.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I remember the street sweeper s of the 80s they were the same kinda deal .I wish I would have gotten one .Now you can't I think they were outlawed or something .
    With the government the way it is if you think they are neet you better think about getting one ,I have been thinking about for a while

TAliyev

Thinker
    Feb 23, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    One can hardly compare Desert Eagle to Taurus Judge. DE is a really powerful gun. Really big and complex but multi-caliber capable powerhouse. Can make really big holes really far away :). Can be used for big game hunting. Judge - close quarter, relatively low power (due to short barrel), unprecise device...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Go with the 6.5" barrel

Tighter pattern at 25' using .410 00 buck and better accuracy with .45LC.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    One can hardly compare desert Eagle to Taurus Judge. DE is a really powerful gun. Really big and complex but multi-caliber capable powerhouse. Can make really big holes really far away :). Can be used for big game hunting. Judge - close quarter, relatively low power (due to short barrel), unprecise device...

I suppose he answered his own question after a litte trip through Wonderland.

methlab

Mar 18, 2011
    Northern Harford County
    don't get me wrong. I like the idea behind the judge. it has its place in many homes. After shooting my friend's, the novelty wore off for me.

I like the new ammo choices for .410. gives the shooter a few extra projectiles to throw at someone and makes interesting holes in the paper.

Load it with differant ammo, give it a spin and see what comes out when you pull the trigger :D

not many others can do that!

Shooter410

southpaw
    Apr 16, 2011
    ForWonOh
    my friend's dad has one, and he has a circuit judge. I have never shot the judge hand gun but was told that its decent at close range (10-25) feet. I have shot the circuit judge and its pretty accurate with slugs, but other than that its a rat killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom